2014 Ranger no low beam - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-23-17, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
The Ugly Dog

confused 2014 Ranger no low beam

I have a 2014 Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 Auto with automatic headlights. I replaced the halogen headlight bulbs with LEDs. They worked fine until I used the high (main) beam for more than a few seconds then the low beam would shut off after being on about 3 seconds. Now low wont work at all, not even with the old bulbs installed. The main beam fuse is ok, I cant find a low beam fuse. The bulb plug has 1 hot and 1 ground and 1 that tests nothing, which stays the same on either high or low beam. I checked the resistance on the LED bulbs and it shows no resistance, they do work on both high and low if wired direct to the battery.
Any suggestions?
Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the lights or a service manual?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-23-17, 08:00 PM
Dazed and Confused

Re: 2014 Ranger no low beam

Can't seem to find anything for the Ranger in the US, but it looks like it still shares a lot with the Explorer. Not sure if that'll help with your searches.

Ever notice that there's so many high performance parts available for GM products?

Did you ever think that maybe they NEED them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum