6 SPEED T-56 MANUAL BOSS 260 (First Drive) - Page 4 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 05:43 AM
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Re: 6 SPEED T-56 MANUAL BOSS 260 (First Drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
I cant wait till theres one up for sale on ebay....(the box that is)
Capa have had them for a long time, for a Boss set up around $8500 for the 6 speed

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:[email protected] Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
T/Control for sheilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKiwi
yes but the guy who fits 3,7 or 3,9's to his car cant change quick enough the smart LS1 owner smokes the other guy in the manual cause he either cant launch or cant change gears

Simon

Stop hijacking my thread with that "Did this and my car launches like shit out of a shovel" crap. I don't give a crap about how well you launch car with 3.7 or 3.9's You can change your final drive ratio until your blue in the face but if your gearbox gearsets are up the shit, it doesnt matter. There are so many differnent gearsets in the t-56 range of boxes. Dont be stupid enough to suggest that it was a case of "Pull it out of a commodore and chuck it in a Falcon" as previously posted.

PS Grow up young man

BA XR6 Turbo Ute: Citric Acid SSS With Leather, Prestige sound and Sports Steering Wheel.
post #33 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 04:16 PM
FM
The SparkleHunter™

More importantly Gadget.. Where was my phone call dude??!! Might've been able to pull a shifty on wifey on Friday!

Chucky's saying of the month- Finish your beer! There are sober kiddies in Ethiopia.."
Another BSR BigCall™
--------------------------------------
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 04:38 PM

For those that have driven the T56 in the XR.

What is the 0-100 shift like. what I mean is what speed are you doing when you have to shift into 3rd.

I heard that the 0-100km times on the T5 suffered because you had to shift into 3rd for 100km there fore affecting 0-100 times

Cheers
post #35 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
T/Control for sheilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM
More importantly Gadget.. Where was my phone call dude??!! Might've been able to pull a shifty on wifey on Friday!

The powers that be only gave me the keys for an hour FM, having said that, one of the members is such a hog of a motor car, i only got to drive it for 5 minutes!!!

Cheers pal

BA XR6 Turbo Ute: Citric Acid SSS With Leather, Prestige sound and Sports Steering Wheel.
post #36 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
T/Control for sheilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
For those that have driven the T56 in the XR.

What is the 0-100 shift like. what I mean is what speed are you doing when you have to shift into 3rd.

I heard that the 0-100km times on the T5 suffered because you had to shift into 3rd for 100km there fore affecting 0-100 times

Cheers
Umm redline in second is around 110km/h indicated so more like 105kmh on a correvit. So for a manual xr8 sedan i am predicting 5.9-6.1 to 100km/h. As for the qtr, well this is where the 6 speed is gonna kick arse, second to third in the TR-3650 is pure shyte, this thing has surely got an extra 4 tenths in it, no doubt whatsover. Throttle response is improved as well so serioulsly i am expecting a high 13's in a standard BA XR8 by the amatuer motoring journo's. Give it to XA and i reckon he would crack a 13.3 no worries

post #37 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
T/Control for sheilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM
I too many shifty's with wifey can be rather disasterous FM!

Cheers

post #38 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 05:41 PM
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetman
Stop hijacking my thread with that "Did this and my car launches like shit out of a shovel" crap. I don't give a crap about how well you launch car with 3.7 or 3.9's You can change your final drive ratio until your blue in the face but if your gearbox gearsets are up the shit, it doesnt matter. There are so many differnent gearsets in the t-56 range of boxes. Dont be stupid enough to suggest that it was a case of "Pull it out of a commodore and chuck it in a Falcon" as previously posted.

PS Grow up young man
hijack is such a harsh word, however the rest of your post is not. someone asked a question i replied. and Mark i haev run many 1.9 60' before and i dont run airbag suspension. and Jeff yes thats impressive with his car.

grow up you say Gadgetman.................. bah hahahahaha have you read other posts from other people before.

Simon

My Car Is FOR SALE PM me

12.92 @ 110.1mph 2.12 60' FULL STREET TRIM. Period!!

The real "BLACK BETTY" (tm)

post #39 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 06:30 PM
CEO - The BSR Group

Old mate Gadgetman! It's been a while!

Will be interesting to try the T56 in both camps latest trim to see all the differences. Hows the pickup point compare to the 3650 arrangement? Sounds like 2-3 is a big improvement!

Great to see a 6 speed box as a factory fit - better ratios, better acceleration, and better economy. Who would WANT a 5 speed box given the choice!!!!

Now powered by PCOTY WINNING SR20DET - 32% engine weight, 37% capacity, 50% cylinder count
Clicky clicky here for previous ride! I still miss her!
post #40 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-04, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
T/Control for sheilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
Old mate Gadgetman! It's been a while!

Will be interesting to try the T56 in both camps latest trim to see all the differences. Hows the pickup point compare to the 3650 arrangement? Sounds like 2-3 is a big improvement!

Great to see a 6 speed box as a factory fit - better ratios, better acceleration, and better economy. Who would WANT a 5 speed box given the choice!!!!
Gday sparkie. Long time mate. The new six speed doesnt feel as notchy as the 3650 and it doesnt feel as loose as a goose (commodore version) The gearbox has a very direct shift feel espcially when downchaging from 5th to 3rd. You will really enjoy it. I am not hyping this thing up for the sake of it. It is the only significant upgrade in BA MK2 and it is a beauty. Economy?? Couldnt tell cause the car only had 3000km or so on the clock and they are generally very tight and rich at that stage. I would expect it to drop perhaps half a litre as opposed to a series 1. Either way, Ford are on to a winner. Hopefully SOON, there will be a 6 speed auto to add to the fleet or am i just dreaming!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum