7 litres and 373kw - what's FPV's answer? - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 03:47 AM

Re: 7 litres and 373kw - what's FPV's answer?

As much as i love the alloy block from the ford GT stroked to 6.oL i have to say ford au wont go down that route. It was purpose built for a mid engine car and heaps of work needs to be done to make it viable in a mustang, its also a dry sump design so count the extra $$$$ it'll cost to sort that out.

But on the other hand i hope we never see a s/c GTHO. I think there's heaps of power left in the boss engines its just that emission laws might keep most of it from being released, look at that GT with cams its supposed to idole and drive like a stocker but has 3oorwkw. A GT spec engine with more agressive cam's, factory C.A.I, revised upper plenum (like BPT one), and revised DUAL exhaust should make 350kw n/a. Then they could throw on some u/d pullies from the ford motorsport cataloge and port the heads while there their.

Whichever way Ford/FPV go they need to give it 150% as those new HSV engines still have a fair bit in them.

Blown Boss 377rwkw

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 03:53 AM

Oh yea anyone forget that ford GT (40) engine is worth $45,ooo us. So with them selling say 1ooo units to FPV that would drop the price to $15-2o,ooo at best.

But a 4ookw n/a GTHO with the 6spd manual, 3.93 diff, 19x295 rims, koni adjustables if their the best shocks, those 6 piston brembo's and a 200kg diet should be a good start.

Blown Boss 377rwkw

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 03:59 AM
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i doubt any of this will happen at all. think about it. there is bad heat on the F6 as it is,(and thats only a 6) so what do you think would happen with a 7 litre V8 engine in 'family' cars? go and kiss Hi Po V8s good bye after that.

HSV Herpes Simplex Virus
GAME OVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
In a blue Galaxy

Why don't all those whinging dickheads get over it. You don't see anyone in america complain about 500hp vipers, or supercharged Mustangs and the like. All these cars too are bloody 300kg lighter than our sedans aswell.

O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 05:13 AM
Movin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
There is one engine I wouldn't be ashamed at all to have in a GTHO, and that's the Ford GT engine. It's got around 375kw, 680nm, and is also alloy block so it's lighter. With it being supercharged, I'm sure theres scope for even more power (boost) to be extracted from that motor.
Gday Eamon

those figures have actually been floating around a bit but I dont think we'll hear much concrete stuff for a while yet and FPV may be awaiting to see what comes of this bloody stupid politician/media/scrubying garbage thats been around the last few weeks due to the typhoon having 550Nm

BAXR8 Ute 5M- [email protected]6.03
zorst, SS Cai,240rwkw
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 05:58 AM

I cant wait for the 6.2L V8 Ford engine there developing, im all for Ausie Built V8's and all but if we can get a better engine from the states in crate form all the better, less costs in building designing and developing them...

Even if Ford Bring something like that out it will be for the 06 Falcon AT LEAST i recon, they wont have the budget at the moment for developing it, and if they do i think they should limit it to 50 cars a year or something, just for limited production runs and there probably isnt that big a market for stuff like that...

Only milk and juice come in 2 Litres...

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 03:49 PM
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
As much as i love the alloy block from the ford GT stroked to 6.oL i have to say ford au wont go down that route. It was purpose built for a mid engine car and heaps of work needs to be done to make it viable in a mustang, its also a dry sump design so count the extra $$$$ it'll cost to sort that out.
The modular 5.4 won't get stroked any further, so lets put an end to that idea. Bored out, sure, but stroked? nup.

Falcon Killer (if you believe what Ford Service Departments have to say about me)
AU II XR6 - October 2001 ~ December 2002 - RIP
BA XR6 - December 2002 ~ Soon to disappear if Ford CRC can't fix it....

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 07:53 PM
BLUEPRINT

Just wondering, is there some kind of law in place that limits australian produced cars to 300kw? Or am i wrong or has the bar been raised? When people buy a 290 fpv or GTS 300 do they have to do a driving course of some sort??
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 08:00 PM
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 ute
Just wondering, is there some kind of law in place that limits australian produced cars to 300kw? Or am i wrong or has the bar been raised? When people buy a 290 fpv or GTS 300 do they have to do a driving course of some sort??
There is no law. The only power restrictions in the vicroads rule book is when on your P plates.

The driver training courses is seemed as value add, as well as civil responsability for selling such high powered cars.

Falcon Killer (if you believe what Ford Service Departments have to say about me)
AU II XR6 - October 2001 ~ December 2002 - RIP
BA XR6 - December 2002 ~ Soon to disappear if Ford CRC can't fix it....

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-14-04, 08:56 PM
aps

Just add 2 Garrett ball bearing turbos and a whopping big air to air intercooler............problem solved.

Peter

APS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum