ABS issues and stalling issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-06, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
EFXR8 Series 2

ABS issues and stalling issue

Well where do i start.I have a 10/95 EF11 XR8 Manual.
Problem 1: Ive recently had the motor rebuilt after doing a timing case cover and having a pin hole leak in the water pump backing. Which also led to both head gasket being blown also. So after spending 4 grand t have the engine rebuilt and heads relieved the engine how has a stalling problem. No vac leaks and all lines were placed in proper places. Not sure what the issue is but when its at operating temp the idle issue dissapears.
Problem 2: When driving to Melb from Sydney i got to Albury Wadonga and did a front left wheel bearing. Long story short after being ripped off by a towie and paying $160 bucks to get towed to Wangarratta i was dropped off at repco to do the repairs myself. The inner race on rear bearing was welded to the stub axle and the bearing had collapsed. But after replacing the bearing and cleaned the stub axle and well greased the bearing i now have a issue where the ABS kicks in as the wheel now comes to a stop but not at speed. It actually drops the pedal and starts to shake and make weird noises.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-06, 04:09 AM

Re: ABS issues and stalling issue

Check that the temp sender hasn't been damaged and/or it is working within its range (ohms readings hot to cold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum