Another Broken FPV - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
GEARBOX WRECKER

Another Broken FPV

So!!!,i got my new clutch fitted today and happy i was,on the drive home decided i would do a quick shift just too test out the new clutch,round a roundabout on the gas into second,chirp and BANG,tinkle,tinkle ,tinkle(ball bearings hitting the road).

Roll about 100m,pullover too assess the damage and a citric acid falcon pulls up behind me,i thought mmmmm who could this be .Out steps a fella and proceeds over to me and flashes his FEDERAL POLICE BADGE.So i went off ,dont even start at me mate,ive just picked up the car and i got 30k's down the road and this happens,my daughter is at home waiting for me too pick her up and im stuck here with this piece of SHIT again.

(Copper) Before you get yourself into anymore trouble listen to what i have too say and i will be on my way.I saw what you did and if i see you do that again i will impound your car.

(Me) Ok thanks for that.

Wait an hour for a tow truck,take the car back to the dealer.

Another eventful day in life on an FPV GTP NOT A TYPHOON NOT to mention its the DRIVE SHAFTS not the CLUTCH owner.

GT-P Blood Orange Manual
[email protected] 271.9 RWKW'S Tuned by Simon from
Xtreme Ford Tuning

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT

Last edited by Xtreme F6; 05-04-05 at 09:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 07:57 AM

Re: Another Broken FPV

Mate..........are you talkin about the new F6 clutch stuffing up on you again??? Cus seriously, if F6's start doin that again after FPV supposedly fixed the clutch up, then man, the F6 would have to be the biggest bomb of 2005.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 08:05 AM
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
Mate..........are you talkin about the new F6 clutch stuffing up on you again??? Cus seriously, if F6's start doin that again after FPV supposedly fixed the clutch up, then man, the F6 would have to be the biggest bomb of 2005.
no. he owns an FPV GTP. Can people not see signatures and avatars?

He broke a CV. the weakest link.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 08:08 AM
The Deputy Dogg.

His name is GTP-738, i doubt very much he is talking about an Typhoon.
I really like the new cars, but thankfully my old one came with a better driveline, you may have an try an aftermarket clutch, mine tolerates 6500rpm launches :

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIA...tegory22_1.htm

Member of the the Trans Pacific Moderator Tag Team

Last edited by falcon coupe; 05-04-05 at 08:12 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
How you got that from his post is beyond me
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 04:20 PM
Ford Appreciation Society

Bugger, not good.

BTW - The only place a federal copper could impound your car would be the ACT...

'67 Mustang V8 4sp... what fun to drive!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 04:53 PM
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P 738
So!!!,i got my new clutch fitted today and happy i was,on the drive home decided i would do a quick shift just too test out the new clutch,round a roundabout on the gas into second,chirp and BANG,tinkle,tinkle ,tinkle(ball bearings hitting the road).

Roll about 100m,pullover too assess the damage and a citric acid falcon pulls up behind me,i thought mmmmm who could this be .Out steps a fella and proceeds over to me and flashes his FEDERAL POLICE BADGE.So i went off ,dont even start at me mate,ive just picked up the car and i got 30k's down the road and this happens,my daughter is at home waiting for me too pick her up and im stuck here with this piece of SHIT again.

(Copper) Before you get yourself into anymore trouble listen to what i have too say and i will be on my way.I saw what you did and if i see you do that again i will impound your car.

(Me) Ok thanks for that.

Wait an hour for a tow truck,take the car back to the dealer.

Another eventful day in life on an FPV GTP NOT A TYPHOON NOT to mention its the DRIVE SHAFTS not the CLUTCH owner.
I suppose u can't really blame FPV some of us are pushing out more power @ rears than what the motor has out of the factory.If u want to mod your car u have to realise these things will happen and u just have to wear the cost.Any car that is modified most of the times these problems will arise from time to time.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE LEGEND THE GT is back

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
GEARBOX WRECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon coupe
His name is GTP-738, i doubt very much he is talking about an Typhoon.
I really like the new cars, but thankfully my old one came with a better driveline, you may have an try an aftermarket clutch, mine tolerates 6500rpm launches :

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIA...tegory22_1.htm

I had just picked up the car from the dealer after having a Mal Woods clutch fitted which was supplied by Extreme Ford Tuning and i was testing it out,the clutch is fine but now it looks like the rest of the driveline is weak as well.

GT-P Blood Orange Manual
[email protected] 271.9 RWKW'S Tuned by Simon from
Xtreme Ford Tuning

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 10:59 PM

HAHA sorry folks, when the topic about a broken FPV with a clutch issue came up, i thought straight away it was a phoon. Yep i saw his signature and avatar, but who says he can't have a GT AND a PHOON? Anyways i should start hanging around in here more so i kno who owns what........man i feel stupid
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-05, 11:39 PM

Does anyone have a pic of the problem CV's?

Cheers
Jim

BAXR8 A4.......CAI....CATBACK......10,000k's and real tyres at 29psi = 14.057 with a virgin driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum