fools who bought Mustang Cobras last year - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-03, 08:31 PM

SVTANG,
Most cars go well and truly backwards for around 10 years before they might appreciate. That is the price you pay for peace of mind motoring and a nice warranty. Want to break even, maybe if you buy good one, make a bit of money? Then you should have spent your money on a XY GT HO. Sure you get a bit nervous parking it. But nothing. I mean NOTHING gives the same feeling a Phase 3 gives, the skinny wheel, the shaker, the vinyl smell. Pure knuckle dragging, testosterone fuelled joy. Good luck with the Stang either way. They are in limited numbers and a factory conversion puts them in the bloody rare category. Who knows what a genuine one owner Mussie may be worth come 2015? Cheers, Ned.

www.bowdensown.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-03, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
blue blooded

thanks for those responses that either understand or are encouraging me to focus on the fantastic car the Cobra is...

the issues are complicated and it is difficult to express them clearly when one personally one feels ripped off....

I hope that anyone reading this thread doesn't have to ever feel the total frustration, the helplessness and the painful disappointment when a giant organisation like Ford play with their supporters (YOU AND ME !!!) so as they can make maximum money....
maybe I'm dumb but atleast I have integrity ...

forced induction at 7000rpm .... it says it all

xr6t ute (289rwkw and fast) & blown Mustang Cobra (347 rwkw and faster)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-03, 11:33 PM
Speed Demon

SVTANG

It is interesting to see that the immediate response to your post was 'attack'. What can I say - we love our Ford! I have read the similar post by 'russellw' and on the whole, the response to him was sympathetic. Perhaps you were just misunderstood or it took another post to show this is not a one off situation.
I understand the point you are trying to make - whilst we all have to acknowledge that cars are not investments and depreciate rapidly, the question I think you are trying to pose is "what is acceptable and not acceptable" as to the level of depreciation on a 'top of the range' vehicle?
We all expect to lose money as soon as we drive out of the car yard and we accept that it will continue on a downward spiral - but c'mon - does Ford really need to give it a helpful push by offering massive discounts? (after all, we aren't talking about a run out of base model Falcons or lasers.....).
I would be annoyed too if I lost so much so quick - however, there are a few things you should know:
1) If your Mustang is a 2002 model (as per the ad in your post), it is one of a limited number world wide - that will make it more valuable in the long run. If you bought it for the love of the 'tang' and not an investment, who cares what it's worth now - it will be a classic in the future.
2) As someone else has already pointed out to you, they are only discounting the ones they have left - that would be a small percentage of how many were actually imported. Would discounting the handful of them now have a huge impact of the value of the car in the long run? - I don't think so.
3) You have a FORD MUSTANG COBRA for crying out loud - I could only wish for such a car!!!

So what do I think? - I agree that russellw and yourself raise some good points. As much as we all love Ford, we can support both of your situations and continue to love Ford. They aren't right all of the time and should be told so by their LOYAL supporters. How can they learn from their mistakes if people like yourself and russellw don't point them out?? We support them and they should support us back - that's not asking too much.

Q: When you look at your tang, does a smile come to your face?
A: Yes ..... Then just enjoy it!!
A: No ...... Give it away (I'll happily take it off your hands!!)

Good Luck to both of you.

XR6 Turbo - The Ultimate 'possession'

Phantom, Phantom interior, Auto, 18" wheels, Premium sound, Sports s/wheel, XR scuff plates & floor mats, Tint, Alarm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-03, 12:27 AM

Hey Where are Cobra convertibles going for fifty something Grand. I want a manual new one.Please tell me of dealers at this price in NSW. I spent this exact money on a peugeot convertible for the wife(now gone) four years ago.Stang is a little more car for the money wouldnt you say???
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-03, 01:54 PM
Speed Demon

Julian
I think the few Mustangs in the fifty something price bracket that are being 'run out' by the dealers are all coupes?? The convertibles seem to hold their price much better from what I have seen ........ unsure of dealers prices in NSW. Perhaps you could check your locad Ford dealers prices on the net?

Good Luck and let us all know if you find one for that price!!!

XR6 Turbo - The Ultimate 'possession'

Phantom, Phantom interior, Auto, 18" wheels, Premium sound, Sports s/wheel, XR scuff plates & floor mats, Tint, Alarm.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-03, 02:17 PM

There is probably one coupe demo left in Vic at $59,990 + ORC. Not much use to the NSW people but one Vic dealer snapped up the last remaining '01 plated cars that were gathering dust at Ford.

Cheers
Russ

BA GT-p: driven quietly to a place of worship each Sunday - exactly as intended by the manufacturer.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-03, 09:04 PM
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Titan Ford here in WA have 2 Stangs left, one is a silver convertible, havn't seen the other.
Pretty sure they are asking $58K for them, i'll look at the add again tonight to be sure.

Sorry, that should read $68K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum