GT Premium Steering Wheel - Page 3 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-05, 10:34 PM
Sex on wheels

Re: GT Premium Steering Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If you are buying a new GT for $61,350 + onroads and are looking at a premium wheel maybe you should concider the GT-P

Free on GT-P over GT
Premium wheel $ 950
Brembos $5950
Stripes $ 595
Decal $195
FPV floor mats $200

Total $7890 + 25% LCT ($1970) = $9860
+ $61350 (GT) = $71210

so for -$1010 you also get 19 inch wheels, different body kit, MUCH better seats and it is a model above.

It depends on your budget but there is a lot more car for only a few more dollars.
Took the words right out of my mouth!!! Not to mention you get climate control, the funky analogue clock and better seats!!!

DO IT

Merc Silver GT-P. Auto, Leather and Premium Sound.
Blueprint XR6 Turbo. Auto, Premium Sound.

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-05, 10:50 PM
Sex on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Bodykit, front is different (colours and shape) & sides are different colouring

Brembos....
I have read a lot about not needing brembos unless you are into track work. I have over 70,000 km on the GT-P so I have a pretty good idea what it can and can't do with regard to stopping. One of my favorite party tricks when I have a new player in the pax seat is to approach a stop sign or red light at 60 km/h and brake VERY late (usually after they have started to tense up). The GT-P will stop with no lock up or ABS actuation in less than 20m every time.
I have driven quite a number of GTs, Pursuits and one XR6T with premium brakes (local dealer is drinking buddy).
ALL of them feel like the brakes are not working properly. Don't get me wrong they are still very good but it is maybe a bit like driving a XR8 and then a GT, sort of the same but not really.
XRs etc with standard brakes are even worse. I have to make sure I am very consious of the braking capability and not slip into lala mode.
Complacencey can be dangerous...........
I agree. Once you got the brembos, you can never go back. I'm happy to pay the extra for the pads.

Merc Silver GT-P. Auto, Leather and Premium Sound.
Blueprint XR6 Turbo. Auto, Premium Sound.

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-06-05, 04:51 AM
Mid-life crisis

My Typhoon was delivered with a stock wheel (performance steering wheel ordered) and so for a week or so I had the stock wheel before the other one was delivered and fitted.
So on a back to back comparo is there a huge amount of difference? No. To be honest $950 is waaaay over the top. Yes, the performance wheel feels a little better and looks a little better, but the standard wheel isn't too shabby either. Having said that....would I now be happy with a standard wheel? NO WAY!
Your buying a great car, when it comes to the details, don't skimp, it will feel......incomplete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-05, 12:58 AM

I did the same sums and went with the mkII GT-P, over the GT. The brembos made it for me, those big red things inside the wheel, with Rapid wrapping it up, just couldnt resist!!!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-05, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your feedback. I just ordered a shockwave GT with silver stripes, leather and premium steering wheel. Can't wait for delivery, god knows how longh that will be.

HSV, I don't want one
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-05, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr220
Thanks for all your feedback. I just ordered a shockwave GT with silver stripes, leather and premium steering wheel. Can't wait for delivery, god knows how longh that will be.
Check this eBay ad out - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....516609348&rd=1

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-05, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

I take it they are not a fan of the premium wheel. Or they played a cruel joke on a friend.

HSV, I don't want one
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-05, 06:06 AM
Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPChris
Took the words right out of my mouth!!! Not to mention you get climate control, the funky analogue clock and better seats!!!

DO IT
Chris,
Climate Control is now std on the GT MKII so no differentiion there and the analogue clock has been tossed in favour of 2 oil guages for both models.

The seats though are still different. Those 19" wheels - sexy ...........

I want to die like my Grandfather did .... in his sleep. Not like the other passengers in his car at the time who were yelling and screaming....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum