Motor's GT times. - Page 3 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-11-03, 08:13 PM
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
The true bargain is not the XR6T, but in fact the SV8.
If of course 0.2 seconds is so important.... but then there's the looks of the SV8...sorry XR6T wins this one hands down!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-11-03, 08:15 PM
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunter
Should I care whether the Clubsport is only 0.2 of a second quicker than the GT, hell yes!! I want to win the pissing competition, not just dribble down my leg.

But I've still got to ask, whatever happened to "[email protected]&k Holden"??
I'm in tears. Not just because of what you said but because I agree. I want to p!ss all over them too! he he LOL

My solution: remove the hardtop from the Pursuit and save over 100kg!!!!

BA'1.5' Pursuit 290
Lightning Strike / Reflective Orange Stripes

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-11-03, 09:17 PM
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Times are disapointing yet again (the first set recorded anyway). But to say they cheated by going to Ford engineers to get advice on launches is total BS. How many years has the Gen3 been released? About 4 years. So the mags have had a hell of a lot of practice launching Gen3 powered cars (and when they were first released the mags said they were a bitch to launch). So what's so wrong with getting the launch method a little more up to date since the new Boss engines haven't been available for testing for very long? Someone from off the street who's never driven a Gen3 or Boss powered car would never be able to get the sort of times the mags or the company engineers get, until they've had a lot of practice at doing it. So in some ways the times in the mags mean nothing.

BOSS 5.4lt Quad cam V8 is mine
MkI BA XR8 with SS inductions, BMC air filter, Herrods Air Injection, Pacemaker extractors and cats back exhaust.
NQ Performance Ford Club Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-11-03, 09:49 PM
a vile merchant

Quote:
Originally posted by V8RUMBLE
But to say they cheated by going to Ford engineers to get advice on launches is total BS. How many years has the Gen3 been released
It's not only the 'advice' from the ford engineer that has upset people. The 14.06 time was done at a different location and using 'lower than recommended' tyre pressures. As far as I'm concerned that completely conterfeits the run as they don't go to that trouble when getting times for the other cars.
post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-11-03, 10:14 PM
JEM
Future XR Owner

I really don't know how much it would help by lowering the tyre pressure. It seems this procedure is not needed to accomplish the improved times as there have been posts on this site stating that other mags have accomplished these numbers with standard config.

Internal Ford testing has recorded under the 14 second mark, so the journo's obviously haven't learnt the optimal method yet.:s6:
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-11-03, 10:40 PM
a vile merchant

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
I really don't know how much it would help by lowering the tyre pressure. It seems this procedure is not needed to accomplish the improved times as there have been posts on this site stating that other mags have accomplished these numbers with standard config.
:s6:
If it makes minimal difference (which is debatable) then why was it done? Remember these times are in the back of the mag for purpose of comparison - apples with apples. You can't go treating one car different to others or it brings into doubt the integrity of all their performance times IMO.
post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-12-03, 12:35 AM
I am The Brain

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunter
I want to win the pissing competition, not just dribble down my leg.

Priceless....

Would you like to change your name to Homer Junior? People can call you Hoju.
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-12-03, 01:12 AM
The Third Power

something that has niggled me for a while and doesnt seem to be discussed much is brand.

Now I think Ford have built a great product but I think there has been a alignment based on pricing not brand.

My interpretation of this is and please correct me if I am wrong

GT was the premier Ford brand, the equivelent of the rival GTS.
post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-12-03, 01:14 AM
The Third Power

Quote:
Originally posted by V8RUMBLE
Times are disapointing yet again (the first set recorded anyway). But to say they cheated by going to Ford engineers to get advice on launches is total BS. How many years has the Gen3 been released? About 4 years. So the mags have had a hell of a lot of practice launching Gen3 powered cars (and when they were first released the mags said they were a bitch to launch). So what's so wrong with getting the launch method a little more up to date since the new Boss engines haven't been available for testing for very long? Someone from off the street who's never driven a Gen3 or Boss powered car would never be able to get the sort of times the mags or the company engineers get, until they've had a lot of practice at doing it. So in some ways the times in the mags mean nothing.
I dont to much have a problem in them doing this, however I do think they need a consistent approach to car test.

Have they done the same thing to the other products ?
post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-12-03, 01:19 AM
Cheerful Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by strife
GT was the premier Ford brand, the equivelent of the rival GTS.
I do believe you've hit the proverbial nail on the head here. Some peoples expecatations are too high due to the fact that is branded the Falcon GT - the legendary ass kicking V8 of old.

Maybe GT should have been the car to take it to (and demolish) the GTS? And how much longer do we have to wait for a car that will, while Fords top car once again takes it to it's main competitors second best?

Then again, I could be completely wrong - bring on the comparos!

:s6:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum