Motor's GT times. - Page 8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-16-03, 09:19 PM

the red GTS in PCOTY was the same car 'VYGTS' that wheels used in the top speed comparo. in that test it got 0-100 in 5.6. So i dont think the GTS was optimised.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-16-03, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Are we seeing 'Optimised' engines in these press cars? Why would a VY GTS pull those insane times (compared to the times we saw for VT/VX 300 engines cars)?

I want to see comparo cars go on a dyno to verify the car's stock trim!
In various tests Motor pulled 13.5 out of the VT/VX GTS cars on all except one occasion where they ran a 13.9 now they ran a 13.3 in the VY (HSV claims this time for the GTS). It was wheels who kept running 14s in what I believe was sometimes the same car! Dont get the two mags confused. GTS 300s have run low 13s at the strip in the hands of average punters to.
post #73 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-16-03, 10:10 PM

I probably should add that I think the times for the BA GT will improve once the journos get used to launching them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-17-03, 12:16 AM
The Third Power

craig from ls1.com.au has pulled a [email protected] in his stocker so its not unreasonable

im happy for cars to go on the dyno as part of the test criteria as well.

daniel from chipmaster has pulled a [email protected] on his unopened ls1 cv8 (alot of tuning and some bolt ons),won the unopened ls1 auto class and Holden Ford show with 244rwkw and backed it up on the track with the above times

and some people wonder why we love these engines
post #75 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-17-03, 03:36 PM

To right Strife, the LS1 is a fantastic engine that has been let down by details and poor quality. A real pitty but I love mine and it is not even modified!
post #76 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-17-03, 04:24 PM

THE GT LOOKS GREAT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS, I CARNT WAIT TO GET MY BLACK GT WITH ROOF AND DARK TINTED WINDOWS. I WILL POST THE PICS AS SOON AS I GET THE CAR !!!

Herrod enhanced
hsv ASSASSIN.....
post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-17-03, 04:30 PM
Blue Blooded Ford Man

^^Shhh!!!

Marcos Ambrose - 2003 V8 Supercar CHAMPION
This could be the start of something big
post #78 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-20-03, 02:07 AM
svoghia

Quote:
Originally posted by MintEAFalcon
If performance/dollar ratio was your ONLY factor!!!!

I dont see it as a bargain beyond that though. Its an exectutive with an LS1 and sports suspension! Have you sat inside one? They do nothing to make you feel you are driving anything more than a taxi.

So if straight line speed is such an important issue (and you are misguided if its the only basis for a purchase), then go for it. If you want a car that you will feel good in and enjoy the overall package, SV8 aint it.

end 2c.
True the SV8 has no class. or much of anything. an Exec with a V8, alloys and Sports suspension.

post #79 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-20-03, 10:19 PM
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by mygt
THE GT LOOKS GREAT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS, I CARNT WAIT TO GET MY BLACK GT WITH ROOF AND DARK TINTED WINDOWS. I WILL POST THE PICS AS SOON AS I GET THE CAR !!!
1st things first, please stop using CAPS in all your posts, people have asked this of you before.

2ndly, where are you pulling these times from?

3rdly I agree with VXls1

post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-21-03, 12:36 AM
The Third Power

so are you guys saying there isnt a buying class that wants the type of performance the base level v8 cars are offering ?

wasnt there concern on this forum that ford should be offering a competitor to this range ?

not everyone can afford an xr8, ss etc

I brought my povo pack exec because that is exactly what I was looking for, I wished Holden had offered a dulled down CV8 not the current calais type spec which pushes the price barrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum