OMG, GT stripes appearing on AUs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

confused OMG, GT stripes appearing on AUs

Being a proud owner of a white GT with blue stripes, it is with much sadness that I report seeing an early base model white AU falcon (not even an XR) with mock up FPV blue stripes. It was the most rank thing I have ever laid eyes on. BA XRs with stripes are one thing, but this just took the cake.

Anyway, that is my whine for the day. Got to get back to putting that shaker on my wife's Laser now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 06:34 PM
Club Phantom

Re: OMG, GT stripes appearing on AUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by White BA GT
Being a proud owner of a white GT with blue stripes, it is with much sadness that I report seeing an early base model white AU falcon (not even an XR) with mock up FPV blue stripes. It was the most rank thing I have ever laid eyes on. BA XRs with stripes are one thing, but this just took the cake.

Anyway, that is my whine for the day. Got to get back to putting that shaker on my wife's Laser now.

Make sure you post those laser pics with the shaker fitted, should look a treat, lol.

Plenty of AU's up here with the stripes getting around. There's actually a second hand yard that I know of that are specializing in it. C2R kits with BA stripes...... each to their own I guess.

I had a Blueprint XR6 turbo try to race me the other night on the freeway, GT Wing, GT Stripes and a bonnet buldge. Throw in the FPV F6 number plates and you have one severe case of "identity crisis".

In the end there's bugger all you can do about it, I guess its Fords equivalent to VN commodores with VX Clubsport kits.....NICE!
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 07:48 PM

It took a while for me to finally put a bonnet sticker on my XR8, but hey at least it has a Boss motor.With all the money some guys spend trying to make their cars look like a 'whatever', you'd think it would be better to save some more cash and buy the real deal.

CONGO GREEN 2003 BA XR8 5spd, SS, BMC, BPT, DBA & AWC ENHANCED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 09:14 PM
www.lukehimself.com

Well i dont mind the GT stripes on AUs but i was shocked when i saw a gunmetal focus with black stripes on it.

Later that week i saw a silver astra with orange GT stripes!! WTF!

www.lukehimself.com is here
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 09:18 PM

i guess they think the stripes make them go faster or something haha
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 11:10 PM

If you wanted stripes on your car buy a GT. If you want a double story house you don't but a single story, if you want a holiday overseas Tasmania does not count, get the point. Why not save the money spent on crap such as stripes, stereos, wheels and fricken lights on the wiper washer bonnet (f**k I hate that) spray nipples. Hey guess what, you can now afford the real thing.

PS: Drilling my rotors, painting my calipers red, and writing the word Brembo on them this weekend. Hope it looks as good as the shaker on the Laser.

HSV, I don't want one
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-28-05, 11:44 PM

God guys talk about double standards, it's called personal choice in customisation you should feel proud that these guys think it looks so great that they want to emulate the character on their car. You hit the nail on the head with the joke about the shaker on the laser well if these guys cant have what they want because the concept comes from another vehicle then all you GT owners better rip out those shakers and have the stripes removed because when it comes down to it they are cheap copies of the XY stripes and Ford in their own promo stuff said how they wanted to capture the original GT theme by adding the stripes. you guys are just Factory copy cats and these guys aftermarket. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but who cares about the stripes its not going to make anyone go any faster and it wont de-value your GT because its value is in the fine piece of machinery that it is. I have no copy mods on my car but that is my choice.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-29-05, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhowes
God guys talk about double standards, it's called personal choice in customisation you should feel proud that these guys think it looks so great that they want to emulate the character on their car. You hit the nail on the head with the joke about the shaker on the laser well if these guys cant have what they want because the concept comes from another vehicle then all you GT owners better rip out those shakers and have the stripes removed because when it comes down to it they are cheap copies of the XY stripes and Ford in their own promo stuff said how they wanted to capture the original GT theme by adding the stripes. you guys are just Factory copy cats and these guys aftermarket. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but who cares about the stripes its not going to make anyone go any faster and it wont de-value your GT because its value is in the fine piece of machinery that it is. I have no copy mods on my car but that is my choice.
totally agree, what a wank, these guys need to get off their pedestals and come back down to earth.There only Fords and there only street cars the way these guys talk as if they have a car worth 300,000.I own a T and came in to have a look at what the boys are up too. I know guys with Gt`s that don`t have their heads up there ass and the guy with an xr8 mate it`s not a GT just because it has a v8 motor in it big bloody deal,been eaten by any T`s lately.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-29-05, 02:48 AM

Pump the brakes boys, head up ass is a bit extreme. A $300,000 car means shit to Bill gates, it's all relative. I love my GT and the fact that it is recognised because of it's stripes and thunderous note. As for the T3 I think it is bloody awesome (especailly the Just Car add on TV). As far as running one, my 220kw xr8 (non stroked) gave the T3 a run. The Boss lacks bottom end torque but makes up for it top end. As far as the T3 goes it has the opposite effect, struggles for air top end but has plenty of torque bottom end, just like the driver (out of their ass). Sorry I'm assuming it's a T3, if not try the XT forum.

HSV, I don't want one
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-29-05, 03:02 AM

stop picking on the au falcons u BA poofs!!!! hahahahaha (no offense, just kidding)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum