Stock F6 does 13.00! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-06, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Approach with caution.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 1,043
Stock F6 does 13.00!

I see a stock F6 did a 13.00 at calder last friday, thats amazing!
These cars are so damn quick, Motor say its the fastest and quickest Falcon they've ever driven on a curcuit!
The F6 even smashed HSV in the part 1 of the PCOTY too.
So now we've got the best "Grand Tourer" in the BFGT and ultimate weekend warrior in the F6.
FPV really cater for everyone now.


F6: the fastest factory 4 door falcon in the world!
4Vman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-06, 08:51 PM
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,561
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

go the phoon!

240rwkw slug.
RAVEN is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-06, 11:15 PM
FF.com Administrator
 
Big Block Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bay of Plenty New Zealand
Posts: 4,982
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

13 seconds in a stock vehicle is amazing.

I love my XR6T but it makes me very keen to look at an F6 next time.

Lance
71 429SCJ Mustang
Big Block Ford is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-06, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Approach with caution.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 1,043
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

I agree, i wonder how fast these things will go with bolt ons?
The BFGT and XR8's are already consistant 12 second cars with bolt ons, the F6 would surely be quicker?
I wonder what its lap times would get down to with a few bolt on mods?
Its already miles quicker than any other Falcon on the track, and was only bettered slightly for over all lap times by the track special 297kw 6L DTS Clubsport, and they said that tyres was probably the only reason!
Are they going to run F6's in the prody class this year?

F6: the fastest factory 4 door falcon in the world!
4Vman is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-06, 05:42 PM
When 2 T3s are not enough
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,934
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I agree, i wonder how fast these things will go with bolt ons?
The BFGT and XR8's are already consistant 12 second cars with bolt ons, the F6 would surely be quicker?
I wonder what its lap times would get down to with a few bolt on mods?
Its already miles quicker than any other Falcon on the track, and was only bettered slightly for over all lap times by the track special 297kw 6L DTS Clubsport, and they said that tyres was probably the only reason!
Are they going to run F6's in the prody class this year?
You'll soon find out how much faster they are, Moffat's son's going to be racing one in the performance car chamionship this year.

TS50 no-125
TE50 no-94
"The TE50 is the best high performance sedan Australia has ever produced"
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-06, 06:42 PM
FF.com Administrator
 
Big Block Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bay of Plenty New Zealand
Posts: 4,982
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noboss
You'll soon find out how much faster they are, Moffat's son's going to be racing one in the performance car chamionship this year.
I like the sounds of that. Will be good to see.

FPV could make an F6 with a track package such as better tyres, suspension, Prem Brakes etc and would be a good base for production racing . I'm sure there would be a ready market there for them too.

Lance
71 429SCJ Mustang
Big Block Ford is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-06, 10:34 PM
When 2 T3s are not enough
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NSW
Posts: 1,934
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford
I like the sounds of that. Will be good to see.

FPV could make an F6 with a track package such as better tyres, suspension, Prem Brakes etc and would be a good base for production racing . I'm sure there would be a ready market there for them too.
I like the way you think..

But I think you'll find they will struggle a bit. There has been an F6 flogging around for a while. It didn't do much good last year mabe this year with Moff driving they might shine.

TS50 no-125
TE50 no-94
"The TE50 is the best high performance sedan Australia has ever produced"
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 05:05 AM
No stars in my eyes
 
firefox7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,014
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

When i see a video of it..i'll beleive it...it probably had nitto's on, and was running far more boost than stock. I don't believe it for a second.

Cheers

Known around town as the Roundabout King.........All those who have tried.....Have Fried...

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Approach with caution.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 1,043
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox7
When i see a video of it..i'll beleive it...it probably had nitto's on, and was running far more boost than stock. I don't believe it for a second...otherwise this news would be everywhere, on every forum...especially the turbo forum, and the other forum where this guy posts alot of regular BS anyway. No F6 to my knowledge has bettered a 13.9 yet stock...and is certainly no king on the race circuit. A cappa stage II BA XR6 should easily out do it anyway..they run 12's without even trying.


Cheers
It is on other forums, just look outside your own little sandbox.
So every run must be filmed, verified and signed off by Calder officials hey..?
Didn't you read the latest MOTOR mag with curcuit test results?: "The F6 is the quickest Falcon weve ever had on a curcuit"...
Only bettered by the track pack 6L DTS 297 Clubsport, and they strongly believe it was tyres that seperated them.
No 1 in part 1 of PCOTY!! petty damn good results hey? First time a Falcon has Smashed a HSV on the track as well as on the road.
Stop living in denial, Be Proud of the current FPV range, its time to move forward and accept that that things have kept improving since 2001...

F6: the fastest factory 4 door falcon in the world!
4Vman is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 03:16 PM
No stars in my eyes
 
firefox7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,014
Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
It is on other forums, just look outside your own little sandbox.
So every run must be filmed, verified and signed off by Calder officials hey..?
Didn't you read the latest MOTOR mag with curcuit test results?: "The F6 is the quickest Falcon weve ever had on a curcuit"...
Only bettered by the track pack 6L DTS 297 Clubsport, and they strongly believe it was tyres that seperated them.
No 1 in part 1 of PCOTY!! petty damn good results hey? First time a Falcon has Smashed a HSV on the track as well as on the road.
Stop living in denial, Be Proud of the current FPV range, its time to move forward and accept that that things have kept improving since 2001...

I'm not doubting it's potential, and yer right about what was said in motor magazine. It's also btw not the first falcon to smash HSV at the track as well as the road. When wheels and motor report a F6 STOCK, doing an ET of 13.00 i'll believe it, because it will be official. It has not happened yet. It's a shame that a turbo six is doing all the damage, not the V8 version. I'd much prefer the V8 doing all the damage and getting all the glory.


Cheers

Known around town as the Roundabout King.........All those who have tried.....Have Fried...

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome