Stock F6 does 13.00! - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Approach with caution.

Re: Stock F6 does 13.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox7
I'm not doubting it's potential, and yer right about what was said in motor magazine. It's also btw not the first falcon to smash HSV at the track as well as the road. When wheels and motor report a F6 STOCK, doing an ET of 13.00 i'll believe it. It has not happened yet. It's a shame that a turbo six is doing all the damage, not the V8 version. I'd much prefer the V8 doing all the damage and getting all the glory.

Cheers
Yeah, i agree, Im a V8 man through and through too but im just Happy its a Ford regardless, times have changed and we have to accept that the technology and potential of the turbo 6 is far cheaper and easier to work with from Fords perspective.
The BFGT is a better "Grand tourer" than the Clubsport, and the F6 is a better "Track Toy" (and probably a better street car too) so FPV have all bases covered for Once, either way people have choices!
The sales strength of the BFGT is a good indicator that peoples requirement of a "Grand Tourer" is more important than track times anyway, but at least the F6 caters for those who want to play on the track too.

F6: the fastest factory 4 door falcon in the world!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 03:44 PM
No stars in my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Yeah, i agree, Im a V8 man through and through too but im just Happy its a Ford regardless, times have changed and we have to accept that the technology and potential of the turbo 6 is far cheaper and easier to work with from Fords perspective.
The BFGT is a better "Grand tourer" than the Clubsport, and the F6 is a better "Track Toy" (and probably a better street car too) so FPV have all bases covered for Once, either way people have choices!
The sales strength of the BFGT is a good indicator that peoples requirement of a "Grand Tourer" is more important than track times anyway, but at least the F6 caters for those who want to play on the track too.

If you had of heard the GT i saw at wakefield the other day,you would have wet yourself. It was the best sounding GT i have ever heard. They are a nice car but it just don't cut the mustard which is a damn shame. I agree it's the best Grand tourer ever. I'm also happy too that it's a ford be it the F6 thrashing around with fast times on the circuit. But it should be the GT doing that. It was a disapointing result in the latest magazine how it came last. Sure you can wake them up with serious mods and improve the suspension, but you shouldln't have too spend the dollars in the first place.

One thing i won't take away from the GT..straight line speed...it's got plenty.

Cheers

Known around town as the Roundabout King.........All those who have tried.....Have Fried...

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 06:43 PM
When 2 T3s are not enough

Things never change, the fox & the v man together .
The fox asking for more & the man saying there's plenty.

The F6 is a great car, its hitting the spot were the GT never could..
13 flat I doubt it, I have driven a couple [manuals] & there not a flat 13 sec car. But the auto is another story. I have yet to drive one but a mid to low 13 by all accounts is a fact.
So good on the F6 after a shocker of a start, there at last living up to the hipe.

TS50 no-125
TE50 no-94
"The TE50 is the best high performance sedan Australia has ever produced"
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 06:58 PM

god ive missed you guys...... the love is back.

ALso i tuned a BF XR6T

when it was stock it ran a 13.9 @103

Nuthing but a tune and it went 12.7 @111 God i love fords
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
god ive missed you guys...... the love is back.

ALso i tuned a BF XR6T

when it was stock it ran a 13.9 @103

Nuthing but a tune and it went 12.7 @111 God i love fords
Iv'e missed them to.
Shutup about the turbo tune the young blokes already planning a trip to WA to get his done..ha ha

TS50 no-125
TE50 no-94
Street machine Feb 2002
Motor mag Jan 2002

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noboss
Things never change, the fox & the v man together .
The fox asking for more & the man saying there's plenty.

The F6 is a great car, its hitting the spot were the GT never could..
13 flat I doubt it, I have driven a couple [manuals] & there not a flat 13 sec car. But the auto is another story. I have yet to drive one but a mid to low 13 by all accounts is a fact.
So good on the F6 after a shocker of a start, there at last living up to the hipe.
Nothing wrong with healthy debate or discussions!

You guys look for different things from a car to most, 99% of GT buyers arent interested in track times or track duties, most are comfortable knowing it will do 13.8 out of the box and do a low 13/high 12 with a few bolt ons, and there's all the other enhancements that comes with the GT, in every sence it is a true Grand Tourer, which id what FPV wanted to deliver.
The only difference is now FPV offer a legitimate track weapon too, so theres' plenty to be happy about @ FPV these days!

Lets not forget the new euro 3 Regs, they have placed a pretty big spanner in the works for performance car manufacturers, Ford are allready there, Holden are about to adopt about 180kg's with the VE to comply so id say on current form the BFGT will probably be a quicker track car than the Clubby too, with F6 miles ahead!!
Im sure you and Fox would be more than happy if you got into an F6 for weekend track duties, dare i say it but i wouldnt mind betting with a few cheap mods you'd be allot quicker around your favourite track than you currently are too!!!

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Iv'e missed them to.
Shutup about the turbo tune the young blokes already planning a trip to WA to get his done..ha ha
hahhaha
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 09:48 PM
No stars in my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im sure you and Fox would be more than happy if you got into an F6 for weekend track duties, dare i say it but i wouldnt mind betting with a few cheap mods you'd be allot quicker around your favourite track than you currently are too!!!

Yes i'm quite interested in taking an F6 for a thrash on the track. I'd run the same tyres to compare them. It would be interesting to see the difference and how the two feel. Got to have brembo's though...thats a must. The thing i like about the T, it's got the V8 Note, it's so well balanced on the circuit & it feels like a race car. If the typhoon felt as good or better then maybe I'd consider upgrading.

Cheers.

Known around town as the Roundabout King.........All those who have tried.....Have Fried...

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-06, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox7
Yes i'm quite interested in taking an F6 for a thrash on the track. I'd run the same tyres to compare them. It would be interesting to see the difference and how the two feel. Got to have brembo's though...thats a must. The thing i like about the T, it's got the V8 Note, it's so well balanced on the circuit & it feels like a race car. If the typhoon felt as good or better then maybe I'd consider upgrading.

Cheers.
Yeah & pigs might fly too. LOL

TS50 no-125
TE50 no-94
Street machine Feb 2002
Motor mag Jan 2002

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-25-06, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Yeah & pigs might fly too. LOL
I think the F6 would suit you 2 nicely, it will certainly help restore your bragging rights again!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum