302 Windsor fouling plugs - Page 3 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-18, 07:30 PM

Re: 302 Windsor fouling plugs

https://www.musclecardiy.com/perform...bration-guide/

Go down far enough and they explain it too and a butterfly drilled pic. Some use an added air jet to supply the extra air needed and that is shown too. Do a search using 'Holley carb butterfly drilling' and you'll get choked with all the results.

Other things that unfoul plugs.................advance the timing a bit. Vacuum advance helps greatly. Check the idle vacuum and compare it to the power valve used in carb, if idle vacuum is lower than the PV opening point the partially opening PV will send your jetting way too rich, up to 10 jet sizes. That will foul plugs in a hurry. So will too high a fuel level in the bowl.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-18, 07:34 PM

Re: 302 Windsor fouling plugs

I myself hold no prejudice against any plug brand except gimmick types like Splitfire or E3 which are garbage. The world known brands work fine as long as you remember that the heat ranges do not match brand to brand and why the troubles. I used to sell and install all brands and as long as the OEM specced brand was used no problems ever regardless of the brand.

I too still have 2 spark plug cleaners back from the old days of 2 stroke race motors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech