Crane 2030 or TFS Stage 2 - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-05, 06:01 PM
methanol injected clevo

Re: Crane 2030 or TFS Stage 2

the 2030's are good for computer compatability (it is difficult to have a serious cam with the EECs and maintain a good idle), my mum's EL GT has a E303 and it's a fantastic cam and retains an agressive idle but initially had hunting problems (surging revs, sometimes stalling).

i've got myself a bennet racing cam with .576" lift for my EFI 347... ill let you guys know how it goes

1981 XD Ex-Interceptor - 393C, AFD 4Vs, Methanol Injection, Powerglide

1994 ED XR8 Sprint - 347W, 5-speed, 3.9s

http://hi-performance.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-05, 06:51 PM
Two SC 61's = trouble

Yep the E303 is still a good cam, Imo more midrange power than 2031..Its just that 2031 is more tractable..But not much...

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!
Tuned & maintained by "Peppertree Perfmormance". Dart block, Scat 4340 steel crank, Custom C.P pistons.Oliver rods.. Mal Wood twin plate clutch.. Twin SC61/2's,482 rwkw/ 645 rwhp..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-05, 07:00 PM
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2XLSV8
Yes i think it would make more power. Problem would be Piston to valve clearance. It would suit an engine with better heads and inlet than gt40p's and explorer. I think it would have a basic operating range into the low 6000 area. Second problem is what heads and inlet have you got as they will restrict you. Inlet especially IMO. TFS1 is nice and would make good tractable power over the 2030. I may have gone this way if i had my cam choice again. I'm happy with my cam but you always want more. My problem is the 2031 is as big as i dare go as it needs to be turbo friendly.

Comp Cams have a few nice cams for the 5.0's. they are often overlooked but I'd look here if i didn't put the turbo on.
For H.O block the std cam and 1:72 roller rockers is the go, with upgraded springs...Any bigger cam and the power output is too high for block..Or cam is too much for block strength..For a bigger cam to be of an advantage power would be over 500 rwhp...

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!
Tuned & maintained by "Peppertree Perfmormance". Dart block, Scat 4340 steel crank, Custom C.P pistons.Oliver rods.. Mal Wood twin plate clutch.. Twin SC61/2's,482 rwkw/ 645 rwhp..
R.I.P Possum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-05, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
XR8 Owner

i'm not really sure what to do now?! It looks as if there isn't a point to going to a tfs2, and the tfs1 won't make much more power over the 2030. Any other suggestions or should i keep on going with what i have?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-05, 01:45 AM

Spend the dosh on a stroker!!!!!!!!

347 238rwkw untuned and with a couple more lil things to change :)
Other car: BA FAIRMONT
Our cars are like Rage VS Silence
TKTDSGM Member
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-05, 03:11 AM
347 cubic power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKEDXR8
i'm not really sure what to do now?! It looks as if there isn't a point to going to a tfs2, and the tfs1 won't make much more power over the 2030. Any other suggestions or should i keep on going with what i have?
Simon,

Just remember that my 'ol 302 made 193rwkw with (mildly) ported GT40 heads, explorer inlet manifold, 70mm t/body and the trusty 2030. I still have the same cam in the 347 and in both cases peak power occurs at 5500RPM. Just remember that bigger cams rarely make more torque - they just push the torque peak further up the tacho and that makes more power. That's fine if you don't want bottom end driveability (see post #2, second sentence).

I suggest you just get the heads on first and see what you think. You will eliminate the biggest bottleneck (the E7s) and you can always get a bigger bumpstick installed later.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-05, 03:49 PM
'XR Machine'

Midly ported heads? How much are we looking at, to get similar work done? On a XR8, AU (200kw spec)...
Also, explorer inlet manifold? Cost and where abouts for purchase in Melb??
Is the explorer inlet manifold top of the range, or is there better options out there for bigger bucks, i dont mind paying more for better results??
Does anyone have pics of what these manifolds look like, also..
Silly question, but what does MAF stand for, i have gone blank...
Cheers guys,
Carlos
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-05, 11:13 PM
Two SC 61's = trouble

The Exporer is the same as AU...Its a truck motor except it has different cam...
Go the Edelbrock RPM ll if you use a cam like E303, 2030-31 etc
Or us Edelbrock performer with std cam..Both around $1k each
Seeing Ford got Yella Terra to port GTP heads...Thats what I'd do if I had some.

R.I.P Possum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech