rwkw from your v8 windsors - Page 5 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-23-03, 06:17 AM
F*#K the government

Re: rwkw from your v8 windsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mick
Yeah, I'm yet to reach the next level and thus will only comment on my own experience.

The problem with the ChipTorque (and Tweecer for that matter) is that there are so few people in Aus who can do them (that is, have the ability to overwrite parameters in the EEC IV/V). Thus we are forced to aftermarket management systems such as Motech, Haltech, Wolf etc. etc, because these are a much more open platform and thus more tuning shops have access to them.

I know you read the forums based in the US and most of these guys that are running stangs from 10 to 12 sec 1/4 miles are using the Ford EEC IV or V as a base and using an aftermarket programmers to modify accordingly. We simply don't have that option widely available yet in Aus. Hopefully, with guys like XR9UTE, this wil change in the future.

Mick
Plus the fact that changing injectors means either changing the MAF or replacing something in the MAF.
Now if someone like ebxr8240 wants to change injectors etc, all he has to do is either he changes parameters or his tuner makes the changes and away he goes, no mucking around with airflow meters as well. (Plus the fact that no airflow meters means he never has to worry about getting bigger ones. :s6: )

I want a EBII Ghia wagon or EF/EL 351W twin headlights, twin exhaust, gas injection and TWIN TURBO'S!
Under construction new website!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-23-03, 06:41 AM
Two SC 61's = trouble

We have to remember the Mussy is alot lighter car to our Falcons.Yes its bassically bang for buck. I'm not saying eec is crap. Like you said tuning is the real issue. Hell if you can't take it to you're local Ford dealer to fix then wtf ??? But as said yes in U.S Anderson Fordand the like will reburn you're eec for you at a cost ofcourse..Not saying map is better either just easier... U.S have FAST and their Gen 7's ecu's there too. Not nessesary to gain power but to keep engine from detonating esp with forced induction where tuning is more on the edge of destruction!!!

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!
Tuned & maintained by "Peppertree Perfmormance". Dart block, Scat 4340 steel crank, Custom C.P pistons.Oliver rods.. Mal Wood twin plate clutch.. Twin SC61/2's,482 rwkw/ 645 rwhp..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
post #43 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-23-03, 06:51 AM
OFR #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage181
Plus the fact that changing injectors means either changing the MAF or replacing something in the MAF.
Now if someone like ebxr8240 wants to change injectors etc, all he has to do is either he changes parameters or his tuner makes the changes and away he goes, no mucking around with airflow meters as well. (Plus the fact that no airflow meters means he never has to worry about getting bigger ones. :s6: )
EBXR8240, If you don't use a MAF sensor then I suppose you use a MAP sensor? If not, how do you control injectors and A/F ratio?

2004 BA XR6 TURBO Phantom, Auto, Premium Brakes & Sound, Leather etc. etc.

APS Stage II = 267rwkw = [email protected] on street tyres
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-23-03, 10:53 PM
Two SC 61's = trouble

We have hijacked this thread alittle.
Can admin start another ???
Check my signiture... "HALTECH" !!!!!!!= map...

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!
Tuned & maintained by "Peppertree Perfmormance". Dart block, Scat 4340 steel crank, Custom C.P pistons.Oliver rods.. Mal Wood twin plate clutch.. Twin SC61/2's,482 rwkw/ 645 rwhp..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
post #45 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-23-03, 11:24 PM
F*#K the government

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
We have hijacked this thread alittle.
Can admin start another ???
Check my signiture... "HALTECH" !!!!!!!= map...

My fault sorry!

I want a EBII Ghia wagon or EF/EL 351W twin headlights, twin exhaust, gas injection and TWIN TURBO'S!
Under construction new website!
post #46 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-29-03, 03:33 AM

i got 165 rwKw out of my EB XR8 With a uni chip ( the best bet for ford windsors ) 2 1/2 inch exhust and GT 40 manifold also a ford motorsport cam. I am doing a stroker for it now but it will be a daily driver for a while so i dont want any more than 220 rwkw. the trick is to get a good set of heads. if u are interested they guy doing mine is a guru, herrod motorsport are not as good if everyone thinks. the first time they build my engine they forgot to put gaskets in it.
post #47 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-29-03, 03:53 AM
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

I guess everyone can make mistakes, but I don't think they forgot all gaskets, what did they actually do? Herrod Motorsport has proven itself to be a top quality company, many people on these forums have delt with Herrods and will vouch for them.

What mods did you do to get the 165kw, was it just the intake, cam, exhaust and unichip? If so thats quite a good result with the stock heads.
post #48 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-29-03, 05:45 AM
Officially Bored with 347

94 ED XR8
347 stroker
Trickflow (TFS) alloy heads (ported)
Crane Adj Roller Rockers, hardened p/rods,guide plates
FMS E303 Camshaft
Edelbrock 5.0L upper/lower manifold
Edelbrock 70mm T/Body
K&N Filtercharger pod
Genie 1 7/8 Ceramic coated extractors, full custom 3" single system
Underdrive crank pulley
24 lb inj, 80mm maf
Custom tuned Chiptorque module tuned in REALTIME
321 rwhp or 240 rwkw

FORD.... "POWER TO THE PEOPLE"...

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
post #49 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-29-03, 05:49 AM

I haven't been to a chassis dyno yet, but my 398 cube windsor stroker made 805hp and 705lb/ft at 6,000rpm on a Superflow 901 engine dyno. I have an auto box and a 35 spline spool 9" rear, so they will both drag a fair bit of power out. I couldn't really guess what rwhp it will make.
3.9" stroke
4.030" bore
6.25" rods
Vortech YS trim
8.5:1 comp
air/air intercooler
Motec

Craig
post #50 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-29-03, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

holy shite that things a monster im guessing its not a daily driver

Blown Boss 377rwkw

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech