That sound I'm looking for! - Page 5 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-07-01, 02:38 AM

Watch the dust from the cat as the stuff is real bad sh!t. Also best have a bottle of 'medicine' because it takes awhile. Have fun.

Nothing on this earth beats holding your newborn child for the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-07-01, 02:41 AM
THE DOCTOR

yeah know what you mean. uncle jacks elicser should do the trick

post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-07-01, 04:01 AM

And then watch out for the infer checks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-07-01, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

confused

Sorry if I seem confused, but how many variations of exhaust system are there for the AU V8?
The dual systems you fellas have on your XR8's, are they factory Ford or fabricated up afterwards? Obviously, if they're dual right to the tips, then it's custom, but has anyone got duals right back to behind the mufflers where it then goes into a single tailpipe to go over the diff? That's how I pictured Xr8 systems before I looked under mine.
I'd just hate to think I'm missing out on something a stocky XR8 has from factory.
Russell.
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-07-01, 08:33 PM

Rastcus

The AU XR8 has a proper twin system from front to back (rear res not withstanding). It does have a balance pipe that dual systems need but that is the only contention between the two. The first part of the syatem is mandrel bent but going out past the mufflers and around the rear suspension it goes into presses.
It has twin pipes from the factory in this area but it aint smooth sailing
post #46 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-08-01, 02:35 AM

I think the V8 Forte, must be at least 2 around, and the utes have dual cats then single the rest of the way. At least the ute I looked at was like that. I was toying with a V8 XL trayback with 'X'pipe and twin outlets per side just before the rear wheels as per V8Supercar/Nastruck. Sadly lack of green backs knocked that on the head for the time.

Nothing on this earth beats holding your newborn child for the first time.
post #47 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-09-01, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the insight into the XR8's exhaust.Something like the T series pipes in the pic with a different tailpipe setup. Another variation again I checked out was an AUII XR8 ute with duals back until it shares a rear muffler and then out to a common res.
Russell.
post #48 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-09-01, 02:54 PM

Ah that is the first time I have seen the t series outlets. I thought for some reason they were shorter than that
post #49 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-11-01, 02:25 AM
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

It would be interesting to see if anyone has done an X-pipe setup on XR8/T-series.

As for exhausts, it will take a lot of convincing for me to change my exhaust on the 220. They sound COOL standard. The only thing I will say though is that I wish Ford did stainless like HSV. Quality first I say! XRs come brand new with rust around the rear resonator and pipes - looks cheap!

BA'1.5' Pursuit 290
Lightning Strike / Reflective Orange Stripes

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
post #50 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-11-01, 02:56 AM
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
The only thing I will say though is that I wish Ford did stainless like HSV. Quality first I say! XRs come brand new with rust around the rear resonator and pipes - looks cheap!
Yeah sounds just like the problem on my falcon :( :( . I admit they do look cheap and they dodgy up after 140k.

Did any model XR come with stainless steel for their exhaust????

Motor May 2001 Quote: "Believe it or not, there are actually a bunch of weirdos out there who reckon a six cylinder is the dux gutz. Bugger it: I'm one of them" :s5

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech