major help please.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-10, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

confused major help please..

here is the situation i have fresh rebuild on motor..all machine work has been done.this is what i have been told my motor is 428 blaock 427 forged steel crank and rods ..piston were made by aries.427 low riser heads which have new vavles. stock ones preety much.new crower cam and lifters.street roller style...my ex buddy who knows motor but draged his feet on assembly put it together once assembled my motor wouldnt rotate just turing it by crank bolt..so i dissasbled down to heads beening off in fear of piston were hitting..once heads pulled motor rotated fine..i put one head on at a time fianly with both heads on it rotated..so no issue there.i reinstalled edelbrock performer rpm inatke which i have been using as i torqued thebolts to 25 ft pds the motor would not rotate again.i backed bolts of all the way it rotaed after a good pull..retorqued intake at 5 ft pounds increments checking roation all was fine even at 25 ft pounds..left for half hour came back tried turing motor at crank bolt it will not budge..im sooo lost and upset i have no clue what to do ..any ideas beside taking it to the machine shop who did all the work something seems just so simple and not right..and the rocker arms ar not evenon either.. thanks ford guys BILL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 10:17 AM

Re: major help please..

Sounds like you have some TOO CLOSE tolerances. Either with your connecting rods, or piston rings. Did you use the right size bearings?? Make sure the connecting rods were installed on the crank correctly, there is a dlat side and a radiuos side.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-10, 01:33 AM

find another machine shop and get there opinion,ask if they have worked on motors the same as yours,this will give you some confidence that they know what they are doing.don't worry about it that's your machinists job.if you don't trust the shop who did the work get a second opinion from another shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks..i just took it back to the machine shop to over look it again ..the shop i trust i seen there stuff there and its a clean place..the guy who put it together was on the side..i belive he knows how to put mototrs together but there was a falling out soo i just felt he slaped it together ..i know now in life just pay wht it is to do it right..cheaper in long run..plus im going to do alittle bit more to the heads now..soo be better..thanks again..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-11, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Well motor is good to go now.but after inspection rockers are shot.I am looking into the harland sharp s4006bke.this may be over kill for what I need.but will this be a nice set that will bolt on with out mods to stock heads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech