timing f100 with 390 fe - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: timing f100 with 390 fe

so i should take the 360 1/2 ton truck duraspark out of my 390 because the 1966 single piont type dist is better ? I dont think so. and as for the cam if the factory degreed the stock cam wrong they should be fired. all i was asking for was if any one had any idea of where i could get a diferent vacuum can with less total timing in it and i see no one has any idea of where so thank u for ur suport. I will save the money and bye a chev stile dist for my car 390 that is in my truck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 09:50 AM

Yes. Use a little common sence. If the 360 dist. was the same as the 390 why is there
two different dist. for two different engines ? No offence. Did you know that the dist from a 318 automatic will not fit the 318 standard of the same year ? Dist. gears are different. I had a 66 390. I know what i'm talking about. My first job at 16 was an engine rebuilder in a production plant. Started out rebuilding Ford Flatheads. I've given
you all the help i can. Try to find an original 390 point dist for your engine and see if
you get back your normall advance curve and go from there. If you do you have a dist. problem. That is where i'd start. Good luck.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

so we should leave every thing stock and not try to inprove any thing i gues i should put the stock castiron intake and the 4100 autolite carb back on that car moter thanks but no thanks i found some one that nows fords and he told me what to do and if you didnt know 318 is dodge not ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-10, 11:08 AM

of course 318 is dodge. It was an example.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > FE (330-428) Tech