63 Fairlane Difficult Antenna Install - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-17, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

confused 63 Fairlane Difficult Antenna Install

Have wrecked two new antennas trying to install in my 63 Fairlane. The problem is that metal portion that sits below the fender and out of sight is much too long. It's not possible to insert it in far enough, at any angle, to allow the 'collar assembly' piece to be inserted through the hole. I am replacing a broken Mustang antenna that was made by Pro Products that I installed about 20 years ago. One size does not fit all Fords on these antennas. A TRUE 65 Mustang antenna would fit my 1963 Fairlane, but these monstrosities do not. Can anyone share a success story and recommend an antenna that is actually installable? Last non-conforming antenna was made by Scott Drake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-17, 04:03 PM
Dazed and Confused

Re: 63 Fairlane Difficult Antenna Install

In the words of "Slick Willy", "Ah feel your pain." I have a 73 F100 and the first antennae broke off from some heavy branches, the second from a car wash. My problem is that no one makes a base that has a screw off antennae for that model. For the time being, I use my phone or my XM for my music. CJ Pony claims theirs are Scott Drakes for 65-68.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-...roduct_type=37

Ever notice that there's so many high performance parts available for GM products?

Did you ever think that maybe they NEED them?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-17, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Classic Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino