63 fairlane tires - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Fairlane | Torino Discussion area for Fanatics of the Classic Ford Fairlane and Torino Lines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-16, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

63 fairlane tires

own a 63 fairlane with 205/75/14 tires and the rear tires are rubbing the quarters. any idea as to why i have looked nothing on the quarters are bent causing this. tried uploading a pic but dont know how but my profile pic is of the car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-16, 06:45 PM
Dazed and Confused

Re: 63 fairlane tires

I'd guess too tall of a tire and saggy shocks. According to what I can find, the tires should be 195's, not 205. Albeit, there's not that much if a difference between the two, but if the rear is low all ready, the extra 10 MM could be biting you in the butt. Second possibility is a bad offset on the rims. If they are aftermarket, they could be sitting a hair too wide. A good tire shop can probably help steer you in the right direction. Most of the 60's Fairlanes had some pretty tight tolerances for wheels from what I remember. I won't mention what a friend did with a pair of vice grips to get a set of G series on the back of his 67... it was horrible.

Ever notice that there's so many high performance parts available for GM products?

Did you ever think that maybe they NEED them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Classic Fords > Classic Fords > Fairlane | Torino