Can you tell me what this is? (1963 Ford Galaxie Wagon - 289) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-19, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Can you tell me what this is? (1963 Ford Galaxie Wagon - 289)

Ok so I am trying to figure out what this part is and if i need it? I would prefer to not add it to my rebuilt engine if I don't need it.

Its mounted to the throttle bracket and runs to the power steering pump. My old pump has the port but the new pump has a block bolt. So I am trying to figure out if I even need this part with the new power steering pump?

Anyone have any idea what is it? What it does? Or if I need it?

It is on the throttle bracket, so I assume it does something with the power steering pump when you take your foot off the gas.

The old pump has the port but the new pump does not. I could move the bolt from the old pump to the new one to give me the port if i absolutely need this part. But I would rather just get rid of this part all together.
Old Pump:

New Pump:

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-19, 01:47 AM
Moderators

Re: Can you tell me what this is? (1963 Ford Galaxie Wagon - 289)

I assume it increases the idle speed when the power steering is in use so it doesn't stall under the additional load.

Regards Blue
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-19, 02:51 AM
Moderators

Re: Can you tell me what this is? (1963 Ford Galaxie Wagon - 289)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiblue View Post
I assume it increases the idle speed when the power steering is in use so it doesn't stall under the additional load.
Good shout ! Seems like the set up prior to modern steering units having load pressure sensitive switch .

Never, never, never give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Classic Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie