Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Bibra Lake Western Australia
Re: AU ford immobelizer
There is a step 3 and 4 in the above too:
Step 3. Disconnect both battery cables for at least two hours then try step 1. and 2. If this does not work (and it rarely does); and if it does you may have to re-pair the keys and fob per the link; essentially you are hoping (vainly) to get it back to its virgin status when the car was made but it is worth a try go to step 4.
Step 4. Arrange tow to Ford dealer.
If it works to re-pair or train the components:
1. The ignition switch should be in the "Off" position, with all the doors shut and Unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and within 5 seconds, operates the rear demister switch exactly three times in quick succession. (i.e.. Press the switch so the Demister light turns on, then off, then back on again.)
3. After the 5 seconds is up, the door locks will change state, to indicate that the BEM has entered keypad learn mode.
NOTE : All existing keypads at this point, have been erased from memory !
4. Press either buttons on the keypad that is to be trained. The door locks will change state twice, to indicate that the keypad has been added to the BEM memory.
5. Follow step 4. for each keypad that is to be added to the BEM memory. A maximum of 4 keypads can be added to the BEM memory. NOTE : You must teach all remote keypads for the Smartshield module, before proceeding.
6. When you have taught all the remote keypads, turn the ignition to the Off position to leave the learn mode. The door locks will change state to indicate a return to normal mode.
7. Check the function of all buttons on each keypad, to ensure that the keypad has been trained.