AU ford immobelizer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aaron81

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-15, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

AU ford immobelizer

HI, can somebody please tell me how to reset the immobilizer in a 2002 AU ford series 111. I had a flat battery and tried to start it too many times, it it appears that it has activated the immoblizer. The immobilizer light (hand) on the dash has come on so it is obviously the immobilizer.

(It was possibly set active by the road side assist mechanic, he place a type of multi meter with digital read out on the battery and pressed several buttons repeatadly, he then tried to jump start it but it gave no power to motor. All the electric lights etc were on and ok, just no power to motor, and the immobilizer light came on. Could he have activated the system????) .

How do I fix it.

Thankyou in advance
Tass

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-15, 01:33 PM
Moderators

Re: AU ford immobelizer

Make sure the rear heater demister fuse has not blown as it is part of the Smartshield system.

With AU series 1 or some low spec later vehicles:
1. With the ignition on and all accessories off leave the key in the lock in the run or on position for 61 minutes and until all the door locks cycle twice. 2. Then switch the key off and remove it for 30 seconds before testing to see if the car will start as normal.

However, if the Smartshield system had determined that an attempt to hotwire the vehicle has been made the vehicle is completely immobilised and you will require a Ford NGS Tester to get things running again i.e. a tow to a Ford Dealer. See Ford Technical Documents - www.fordmods.com for all you need to know (and probably didn't want to know).

If you a Series III and have the keyless entry system you will likely have no choice but to tow it to a Ford dealer with an NGS tester. If the roadside assist was an auto club (e.g. RAC) they may have a locksmith with a NGS tester on contract that they will send out as part of their roadside assist cover or they may cover cost of towing to a Ford dealer. Some may even have a NGS tester they can send out with their roadside service patrol man.

Regards Blue
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-15, 05:20 PM
Moderators

There is a step 3 and 4 in the above too:

Step 3. Disconnect both battery cables for at least two hours then try step 1. and 2. If this does not work (and it rarely does); and if it does you may have to re-pair the keys and fob per the link; essentially you are hoping (vainly) to get it back to its virgin status when the car was made but it is worth a try go to step 4.
Step 4. Arrange tow to Ford dealer.

If it works to re-pair or train the components:
1. The ignition switch should be in the "Off" position, with all the doors shut and Unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and within 5 seconds, operates the rear demister switch exactly three times in quick succession. (i.e.. Press the switch so the Demister light turns on, then off, then back on again.)
3. After the 5 seconds is up, the door locks will change state, to indicate that the BEM has entered keypad learn mode.
NOTE : All existing keypads at this point, have been erased from memory !
4. Press either buttons on the keypad that is to be trained. The door locks will change state twice, to indicate that the keypad has been added to the BEM memory.
5. Follow step 4. for each keypad that is to be added to the BEM memory. A maximum of 4 keypads can be added to the BEM memory. NOTE : You must teach all remote keypads for the Smartshield module, before proceeding.
6. When you have taught all the remote keypads, turn the ignition to the Off position to leave the learn mode. The door locks will change state to indicate a return to normal mode.
7. Check the function of all buttons on each keypad, to ensure that the keypad has been trained.

Regards Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-16, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiblue View Post
If it works to re-pair or train the components:
1. The ignition switch should be in the "Off" position, with all the doors shut and Unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and within 5 seconds, operates the rear demister switch exactly three times in quick succession. (i.e.. Press the switch so the Demister light turns on, then off, then back on again.)
3. After the 5 seconds is up, the door locks will change state, to indicate that the BEM has entered keypad learn mode.
NOTE : All existing keypads at this point, have been erased from memory !
4. Press either buttons on the keypad that is to be trained. The door locks will change state twice, to indicate that the keypad has been added to the BEM memory.
5. Follow step 4. for each keypad that is to be added to the BEM memory. A maximum of 4 keypads can be added to the BEM memory. NOTE : You must teach all remote keypads for the Smartshield module, before proceeding.
6. When you have taught all the remote keypads, turn the ignition to the Off position to leave the learn mode. The door locks will change state to indicate a return to normal mode.
7. Check the function of all buttons on each keypad, to ensure that the keypad has been trained.
I must second this method, Although when I had to do this it was on a Au2 Forte so there may be somethings that had been charged between 2-3 series but it worked a treat for me when having to reprogram a couple of new fob keys.
Good luck with your fix.
Aussiblue likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons