XB Coupe fuel filler tube. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aussiblue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-17, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

XB Coupe fuel filler tube.

Can anyone say DEFINITELY wether the fuel filler tube in an XA XB XC is different for a sedan and coupe? I ask because I have an XB coupe I am restoring and the rear quarter has been replaced at some stage. The filler pipe does not line up very well with the tank and it also contacts the bracket that joins the rear parcel shelf to the inner side of the wheel well. Doesn't look like the right part but I'm thinking it may be from a sedan? Does anyone have any measurements from a genuine coupe filler tube that I could check against mine to determine if I have a coupe one? Im assuming a coupe filler tube is going to be longer to reach out to the wider rear quarters. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-17, 04:16 AM
Administrator

Re: XB Coupe fuel filler tube.

Did you visit the link Aussiblue directed you to? Australian Ford Forums Looks like you'll have to join to view it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-17, 06:37 AM
Moderators

Re: XB Coupe fuel filler tube.

If you can't view it, Donny said in that link:

Quote:
As far as I know, coupe and sedan have different types of filler tubes. The filler neck is just set at a different angle from memory. The longer type filler tube you have may be for the smallest tank fitted to the basic falcon and falcon 500. There were a few sizes of tanks, (only talking main stream units here, not specials). There was an approx 70 litre, an 80 or 85 litre, then the long range 130 litre tank. The 70 was in falcon and falcon 500 and Futura derivatives, the 80/85 was in Fairmont and gt, and the long range optional in gt's.
The 80/85 may also have been optional in the falc-futura range. It could also be a V8 mandatory option, but have seen the smaller tank fitted to an unmolested landau as well, so am not sure.

Easy way to tell the 2 normal type tanks is the 70 is the same height along the flanks from the rear of the car to the filler outlet, and the 80/85 tapers up, taller as it comes to the filler neck outlet.

Donny
In response to xbgs351 commenting:

Quote:
Went to replace my filler tonight and I ran into some difficulties. The new filler was too long. This filler was trial fitted into my Brothers January 74 XB GT Coupe, hence I expected it to fit my January 74 XB GS Coupe. My coupe has a breather that runs from the tank to the filler neck as well as a manifold of hoses that I assume are for emissions. My brother's Gt has a breather that runs from the filler neck around the parcel shelf and then into an internal cavity near the wheel arch.
Bert likes this.

Regards Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons