Ford Forums banner

3.08 diff to XR Spec Diff

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  bruiser 302 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyones done the swap from the stock 3.08:1 diff to the XR spec 3.45:1 with lsd??? If so where abouts in Sydney area??? Also what was involved to make the speedo read correctly.

#2 ·
Have you read *************/body.php?p=Speedocalc ? This has a great caculator to work out speedo diferences relating to that work.
If I did that (put in a 3.45:1) and then went and got some fatter and wider tyres for the back (eg. 275/16/R16 up from stock 225/55/R16) would that be kosher? I have an AU S and I love my stock 16 rims. I don't even know if you can put bigger tyres on stock rims.

#5 ·
I was about to ask the exact same question.

I have been quoted $750 to put 3.45 gears in but i'm sure thats only for a single spinner, but. i've also heard that you can put a LSD hat into my normal housing is this true???

G
#7 ·
The XR spec diffs are quite good for take off, but some people say they can actually be too shorter ratio, as top speed is not as big.. But, saying that, going from a stock 3.08 (dad's car) to a 3.45 you do feel the difference..

#8 ·
ive put the 3:45 gear and lsd in my AU and it improves take off slightly but not enough for my liking so ill be changing to 3:9's in the near future. also to get the speedo corrected i had to go to a local auto elec (melbourne) and get it corrected

#9 ·
You can get a speedo gear for anything up to 3.7 ratio. After that it has to be done electronically. Most cars won't go any better with lower than 3.45 without mods. Lsd can be stuck in while you are at it, housings are the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.