Territory Front Suspension & Rear Rattles - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-07, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Re: Territory Front Suspension & Rear Rattles

Mark, Re rear rattles in the Territory tailgate - you fix by grease on the striker plat/s certainly works. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-07, 05:20 AM
fordmech

You're welcome. Did you get your suspension knocks fixed?
Marc
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-07, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Marc, No, the suspension knocks are still there. My dealer reckons it is an operational noise. They also suggested I should take it to a suspension specalist as they don't have the equipment to test it properly. However, they won't pay for it. I've just about given up. I might bite the bullet and spend the cash myself just to prove to them there is a problem. It sometimes grinds away when I go over speed humps these days, so I reckon it is getting worse. I still think it is ball joints. Normal driving on good surfaces, there is not a problem.

The regional Ford engineer agrees there is a knocking noise, but it is not a problem. He also reckons that when a fix comes through "I will be one of the first in line". Yeah. Well, we'll see.
Regards.

John H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-08, 10:18 PM

John,
I have problem front right on aug 07 model. Only knocks on short sharp bumps and corrugated road. Ford are looking and looks like determined to fix. I think lots more out there but never reported. Cheers
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-08, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

G'Day Swamp Donkey,
Many thanks for the info. I have put up with exactly this problem for 18 months and have got no where with Ford. I intend to really hassle them again in the next week or so as I'm due for my 45K service. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers. John H.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-08, 01:56 AM

John,
I have just returned from metro ford in brisbane. They worked on it for four days and the current situation is We cant fix it. They are seekinf technical advice. I will keep u posted as to developments. They have raplaced shockies and ball joints etc. I reckon there is too much endplay and movementin the diveshaft, but have nbeen told that is not prob. I have compared it to others and it seems to have more. They have confirmed not all do it and i am liasing with Customer relationship centre. Cakll them and tell them 133673.

There is also a turbo that has same problem. it may be you?
Anyway good to hear there are others out there. Together we may resolve this as it drives me nuts.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-08, 02:03 AM

PS- BS to operationaal problem. Some do it and some dont. I have the ceo of fords address and will be sending a letter. Metroford in Brisbane have acknowleged it is a fault and the CRC is aware and has it on record.

hope that helps
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-08, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

G'Day Dave
Many thanks for your input.I have my AWD Ghia in for 45K service tomorrow and will raise the matter with the Service Manager. Will keep you posted.
Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I will reply.
John Hodges at Kings Langley NSW
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-04-09, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Marc,
I said I would keep you posted. Sorry it has taken so long. Car is now just over three years old and suspension knock is still eveident, but not as bad. Ball joints, shock replaced and spring reset. Three dealers acknowledge noise is there but cannot eliminate. Ford says there is nothing to find. Car has been rear ended so will probably get rid of it soon. Regards. John Hodges

Quote:
Originally Posted by backlash1 View Post
Hi guys
I've just joined the forums and read about your concerns. As a Ford mechanic I shouldn't probably be telling you this but, John, your suspension knocks are NOT normal, they could either be coming from your front sway bar links or your lower ball joints, which have been known to fail (read collapse) causing the wheel/hub assy to pivot upwards away from under the car with spectacular results and expensive damage. In any case, have them check by someone who knows what they're doing. There shouldn't be any freeplay at all. Of the 2 ball joints on each arm only the rearmost one fails (the one with the thread pointing up).
The rattles are a bit harder to find due to the amount of components in the rear cargo section but the most common one I come across (and for some reason other mechanics can't seem to work this out) is from the latches on the glass or tailgate. Apply a bit of grease to the strikers and open/close a few times and watch (or hear) the noise go away. I've also seen rattles coming from the third row seat due to dislodged release cables and ill fitting trims.
Hope this helps. Let me know either way. Cheers
marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory