2008 Mariner Hybrid issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bert
  • 1 Post By R.S.LOGAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-19, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

confused 2008 Mariner Hybrid issue

Four times in the past 18 months I have encountered the "stop safely now" warning when I go out to the garage to start the Mariner. When that warning shows up I have to have it towed to the dealer. So far they have received approximately $1500 to fix it to no avail. It will run fine for a while then after it sits in the garage for a few days I get the "stop safely now" when I turn on the ignition. Everything else seems to work fine. It's never stopped on the road or even in a parking lot at a store. This only occurs after sitting for a few days in my garage. I have put a trickle charger on the new battery but it still does it. I have wire brushed the battery terminals. I have tried to jump start it. The last time I was told that they had a hard fault indication that the fan mounted on the bottom of the 320v battery was bad. They pulled the battery, replaced the fan ($1200) and it did it again. A previous time I was told they changed a corroded relay panel. Any help here?

Last edited by grafxman; 06-10-19 at 07:21 AM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-19, 08:07 AM
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2008 Mariner Hybrid issue

What codes are they getting If the repair hasn't fixed the complaint, they shouldn't keep charging unless there were real problems with those items. Check this also. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/bk...e_assembly.pdf
R.S.LOGAN likes this.

Bert
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-19, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
What codes are they getting If the repair hasn't fixed the complaint, they shouldn't keep charging unless there were real problems with those items. Check this also. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/bk...e_assembly.pdf
Hi Bert, thanks a lot for your prompt reply. They have never told me what codes they have been getting other than the hard fault for the hybrid battery fan "failure". I reviewed the pdf file you added. Unfortunately it does not seem to describe my problem. The TSB 09-19-12 describes an intermittent problem that will clear on the next key cycle. The problem I have been experiencing has never cleared on its own and has never been intermittent. I have no clue what the dealer has been doing to clear the issue. I sure do wish I could clear it myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-19, 06:23 PM
2002 F150 XLT

Check O'reilly's, they check codes for free.

Bert
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-19, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Check O'reilly's, they check codes for free.
It's difficult to get the Mariner to O'Reillys if it won't start.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-19, 08:50 AM
2002 F150 XLT

It'll still show a code even with no light or problem. Have you called the dealer?

Bert
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-19, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It'll still show a code even with no light or problem. Have you called the dealer?
It's there now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-19, 12:09 PM
Moderators

Checking with the right equipment should show codes .

Bert likes this.

Never, never, never give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum