95 f250 7.3 no crank - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford F-Series | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F-Series, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By 85ltdcrownvic
  • 1 Post By R.S.LOGAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-19, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

95 f250 7.3 no crank

Hey guys, okay so before I switched out my worn out steering column the truck would start run and everything, now after I switched it, it wouldn’t crank, everything would power up like it should and turned it in start position and the water in fuel and other lights by wait to start would come on but no crank. So I went out under the hood and turned it over from jumping solenoid and it would crank. And then it would just click at the starter when jumping over so I figured maybe it was the solenoid bought a new one and same thing, so I figured I burnt the starter up and turns out i did so I changed both and now it’s just still clicking st starter. So then I went inside and went and bought a new ignition switch and boom! Nothing. I know it’s a lot and kinda confusing. But when switch columns on one of plugs that goes behind the wheel and the ignition had a different plug with same color wires that was already cut to put the different plug that the person before must have did so I took the different plug off and matched the same color wires up to my plug off old column, switched the key cyclinder, and the ignition switch before buying new and nothing helped. Please help..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-19, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Didn’t know if there was something I was missing like a security thing or if the motor would be locked up in general after jumping over at the solenoid
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-19, 06:40 AM
Moderators

Re: 95 f250 7.3 no crank

Is it just one click? Sounds like the starter, even though I know you got a new one. With the belt off with the engine turn over by hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bert likes this.

07 Gt Tungsten Grey
Roush (Airaid) Cai, GT500 Tb with BlowByRacing Adaptor Plate, UPR O/r X Pipe, M80's, Pypes Muffler Delete Axle Back, Sr Performance Adjustable Motor Mounts and Steeda Tri Ax Short Throw Shifter

02 Gt Mineral Grey
Steeda Sport Springs, 3.73s, Pro5.0 Short Shifter, Pypes O/r X Pipe, full 2.5 inch exhaust with M80's, 75mm Tb and C&L Plenum

87 Mercury Grand Marquis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-19, 08:19 AM
Moderators

Re: 95 f250 7.3 no crank

See if this applies to your year ,

Bert likes this.

Never, never, never give up.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-19, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advice but still coming up empty handed. I may have bought a bad solenoid, but I did test the starter and it is functioning like it should. I do believe it was one click at each time it was jumped over. I highly doubt I did not put the wires properly but anything could happen. The videos were on a new power stroke but I still went through as he suggested and came up with nothing . I’m going to try and turn the engine over tomorrow. Hopefully the motor isn’t locked up .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-Series | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel