F800 dump truck purchase and transport - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford F-Series | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F-Series, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bajarider
  • 1 Post By Bert
  • 1 Post By AdamRat
  • 1 Post By Bajarider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-19, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

F800 dump truck purchase and transport

Hello everyone I am new here… And I have a sneaking suspicion that shortly I will be kicking myself for not trying out a forum sooner and googling everything to death until my fingers bleed!

Truck info 1990 Ford F 800 incomplete vehicle with dump truck bed/ 7.8 L diesel / 10 speed manual transmission / Single rear axle

I found the perfect dump truck that I want, but do not have a way to get the truck to a scale to provide the transporter with an accurate weight

I would like to finalize this deal and get the truck on its way to me… But I do not want to overpay on the shipping because I overstated the weight… By the same token I don't want to get a surprise by them saying it weighs significantly more than what I said, I have the Vin number I have the nameplate I have registration which lists 35,000 pounds unladen. So my question here is based on the information I have what would be the best weight to provide to the shipper? In addition I have located a Vin decoder but none of them seem to have information on the bottom row of codes on the nameplate, which includes Type-GVW/ K84330 Body/ HA8 Trans FS Axle 2GP
Any help would be greatly appreciated… Otherwise hi everyone I'm sure I will be here a lot with this new purchase!

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-19, 07:57 AM
Moderators

Re: F800 dump truck purchase and transport

Hello and welcome to the Forum. This question is a little outside the scope of knowledge for this forum, but here is what I know. The state DMV (at least in California) requires a certified weight (empty) certificate for registration and the weight I would use is the info provided on the previous state's registration certificate. The truck weighs LESS than what you stated (35,000 unladen) as the mfg. plate indicates 33,000 Gross Vehicle Weight
R.S.LOGAN likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-19, 08:58 AM
2002 F150 XLT

Depends on how the truck was ordered. It can range from about 22,000# to 33,000#. To know for sure, it would have to be weighed.
R.S.LOGAN likes this.

Bert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-19, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for your input! 35,000 pounds unladen is what was printed on his California registration. An obvious gross overstatement, Since the nameplate GVWR is 33,000 pounds. I guess some operators do that sort of thing to make sure they never get an overweight ticket or something I'm not a trucker.

I went ahead and referred the issue to my shipper to see what they came up with . After viewing multiple pictures of the truck inspecting the nameplate and so forth they decided on 20,000 pounds empty weight. In the final that was their determination so I hope they don't try to come back at me if they get popped at a scale overweight!

Either way I am very very thrilled to own this truck it's everything that I wanted!

To geek out for a second here's the specs on the truck
1990 Ford F800 dump truck with a 7.8 L turbo diesel.
10 speed manual transmission five on top of five.
Dump bed powered from PTO
Electric brake controller installed
Air hitch and air tailgate
70% tread on all tires
Duel 60 gallon diesel tanks
Inset smaller dump door on tailgate
Bert likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-19, 05:59 PM
Moderators

That's a TRUCK!
Bert likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-Series | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel