Ford Forums banner

no power

4K views 19 replies 2 participants last post by  spike13 
#1 ·
87 f150 no power to coil I put a new coil, module, computer and relays what could it be if I run a jumper wire to either side of coil relays click but no spark to dist

#6 ·
Thanks Bert I got it running thanks to that diagram there was no power from the switch so I jumped it from the battery. I have to get a switch now it runs fine sitting there but when I went to move it there was no power and popping is that because I have it jumped and not a switch? I was looking at the diagram wrong at first then I saw the r/lg wire turns to w/lb.

#13 ·
No but I don't have a r/lg wire mine in w/lb on one side that goes to the module the other side has 2 g wires one has a red wire to a resistor connected to it.I can't find a r/lg wire anywhere.Coming off the switch on the column there is a r/g wire thats pretty thick, I ran a hot wire to that but it did not work.

#16 ·
let me give you some background. It was sitting in my back yard I would start it once maybe twice a week and let it run 10 minutes or so then I didn't start it for a week or two it wouldn't start after that for about a week then it fired right up one day started it every day for a week went away for the week end and here we are a month later spending money and no results.

#18 ·
I found it there was power at the switch so I started to test the wires that came thru the firewall and under the main harness there was 2 wires with fuseable links so I pulled on them to get room and 1 pulled apart so I cut it and spliced a piece of wire in and relays clicked and fuel sprayed. Bert Thank You for all your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.