Differences between EA Falcon and EA S Falcon - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-04-02, 07:30 PM
96 EF Futura

Not engine wise.....Im guessing your S pac is a 5 speed to get such a big gap over a GL. Other than that its possible you have a shorter diff ratio...

As for the exhaust...the falcon I6 responds very well to breathing mods, intake/exhaust etc

Lets go find that Hotdog tree I planted

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-02, 01:32 AM

The gl's didn't come with a fuel/boot release as standard, and what else I found really interesting is that the gl's didn't come with rear speakers standard... When my Fairmont had the stock stereo system it sounded sooo shit, and I can't even imagine how shit it would've been without the rear speakers...

Also, did the S-pack come standard with colour-coded bumperbars/side grey trimming (not just that plastic line) or was that just Fairmonts and Fairmont Ghias?

What about fabric in the door trims around the handle?

Also, the GL doesn't have a clock, AIRCON, map lights, rear map lights, trip computer, lid ontop of middle console.. this is only of the top of my head...

Dave
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-02, 01:35 AM
96 EF Futura

my 90 GL has console lid, carpet on doors, boot release, air con, no rear speakers, no clock or map lights etc

Lets go find that Hotdog tree I planted

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-02, 02:25 AM
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Series I GL had no cloth trims on the doors. SeriesII came with cloth trim. As far as I know all GL's had a console lid but I could be wrong. SeriesII definitely had console lid. S-pack also had electric mirrors as standard.

Normality is the most common form of insanity

--ath0-- ....gone
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-02, 02:42 AM
-

spak dont have electric mirrors standard :)
and the fatter strips are fitted to the S, with a red stripe. look on the site for pics...

T.I. Performance - Performance Tuning for your Ford. J3 Chips, DIY Tuning Kits, Wideband O2 Controllers and much more!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-02, 05:59 PM

My 88 GL has electric mirrors, boot release button, colour coded bumpers, red striping on the bumpers, aircon and rear speaker holes.

I guess the previous owner was unsatisfied with the normal Series I setup...
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-06-02, 09:20 PM
The cat in the hat

Multipoint & electric mirrors become standard on 'S' pack falcons with the 30th anniversary models (9/90 on). The lidded console was STD fit on all falcons from EA series 2 onwards. Series 1 's' had no extra interior lights over GL's (normal square interior light, no spots & no rear reading lamps). 30th anniv 's' also had the option of 4 speaker sound with the AWA 'jockstick' radio, but 4 speaker sound did not become STD until EB2! even EB1 XR8's still had 2 speaker sound as STD.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-06-02, 10:05 PM
-

my EA 1 spak has the map lights and rear lights. nothing in the footwell, and no time delay though.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-02, 03:25 AM
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

And more and thens

And to add, Spaks came with standard factory air where as the series 1 GL was a dealer fit.You should find on the right hand side up under the dash near the accerlator pedal a second recir duct which is not in action anymore since installation of A/C.Similar to XF setup.I think from memory A/C was not standard until late EB as most series 1 EB's where very similar to the EA.Climate control,no A/C ON button and Ran 3.9 motors in some models too. Just a couple of ADDS.

Cya Lukey.

QLD REP 4 EA -ED club.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-12-02, 01:42 AM
The cat in the hat

Aircon only became standard on AU1.....was on option on GL(i) & S right through from EA1 to EL including XR8's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons