Ford Forums banner

Introducing my E-series

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Red_EB_S 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, ive been a member for a while now but have just got pics up of my ride (just like Bozza17). Its my first car after hard work at Woolies...

I bort my car from J&M Motors, used to be next to the fella with the big shoe, in chermies. (J&M no longer there,maybe did a runner) They are/were the dodgyest fellas goin. After waiting 4-5days for roadworthy cert. a picked the car up and still there were things wrong that suggested a dodgy RWS. After about a month of cleaning it up (the car),changing oil, filters, painting console etc., i recieved a letter in the mail about car yards using a dead fellas name and number to rite out Certs. I had to get a machanic to look at it then he said i needed new brake pads n stuff...so got all that crap sorted out. Few weeks l8r, the beast started to tik! so we (dad and I, mostly dad) pulled the teppet cover off n bought 3 new tappets and threw them in...tapping went away for a few days then came bak, still dont no wtf is rong, mite try magnetec. n e way so here are some pics of my car after all was done...

(dont no if attachments will work)

DOnt no wats the go with the pics!
Cheers Ray

See less See more
#2 ·
Using dead people on the RWCs?!

Jeez, and I thought my RWC was dodge!

#3 ·
Yeah i rekon ay, How the f@!k do you attach a pic?

#4 ·
I think it just takes ages to load after u hit submit.

I can never get it too work.
Try loging onto fordgalleries and up loading them there, and then just link it. I think u get 500-1000k memory. Not much, so u have to shrink everything, and save it as .jpg (.jpeg)

#5 ·
link to fordgallerys at top of page

#8 ·
Nice and tidy

looks good

#9 ·
yeah jus got sports zorst, n lil lowered.

the tappet is a prik, comes n goes...

#10 ·
Thats one nice clean ride you got there. Might I suggest you save hard for a cam and do ALL of the tappets at the same time. Its a common thing to go on the early e-series cars. The only thing really to fix it is to replace all the lash adjusters and while you at it get a mild cam put in.

If you have time, click on my link below for pics and bio of my car!:wnc:

#11 ·
This seems to be my most common response to new members posting up pics of there rides.

"Needs clear indicators!!"

LOL, I'm sure that's not the last time I will say it either!! :p Great car BTW, is it Manual or auto?? You'll find te I6's quite easy to squeeze those precious KW out of!!!

#12 ·
It's ok, we understand the orange looks crap as!

#14 ·
Very nice indeed. It is great that more younger guys are starting to appreciate the looks and power of an E-series falcon. When I turned 18 (only 4 years ago) there were hardly any decent ones around where I live. Now I see at least one a day with some decent mods and a young dude or lass driving it. Wise choice in your vehicle and may the Fords be with you!

#16 ·
nice one mate....she sure is low!

Nice ride!

James

#18 ·
Thanx fellas... Yeah the clear indicators will be coming.

And Rmyers its a manual...took a wile to find a manual a neat condition.
Im planning mods to the engine but dont no wats coming...
In a week or to (depending on how much money i waste), gettin some pacemaker headers so the engine bay looks a lil more filled...already painted the tepet cover red...
looks alrite IMO. Harry's tonite!

Cheers fellaz...

#19 ·
blueoval, HOW NICE IS YOUR BEAST!!!!

Alot of work done to it, all worth every bit ay!

How much your rekon to get mild cam bolted in?

Thanks

#20 ·
Red_EB_S said:
blueoval, HOW NICE IS YOUR BEAST!!!!

Alot of work done to it, all worth every bit ay!

How much your rekon to get mild cam bolted in?

Thanks
Thanks mate, I have spent a lot on maintenence and havent really spent all that much on mods. I beleive a car should be working to its best before mods can be added. So far to date, I recall spending around the 15k mark in replacing parts, tuning and overall maintenance on the car. Next week on Friday, I have the car in again to get my rear left hand diff seal fixed coz thats leaking onto my bumper, plus Im getting my fuel filter changed as the car is running rough around the edges, while its there Im getting the front end suspension checked over for excessive wear and possible tierod ends replaced. So yes, you can say its well looked after!:fraz:

as far as the cam is concerned for your car, I would consider perhaps a Jim Mock dev2 or dev3 kit depending on cash. That should see you pull at least 125rwkw.

Check out the site www.jimmockmotorsport.com

#21 ·
had a look ay...abit out of my price range:(atm. gattin some pacemaker headers prolly next week...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.