my new blue dash! - Page 3 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-30-05, 03:44 AM

Re: my new blue dash!

Ive done a few mods like this. Though with the standard GL dash.

Ive tried alot of different coloured LED's and varied brightness's, but it really doesn't work well with the standard black/yellow dials
To have some effect and really see it, you need over a 10,000mcd LED.
Even tried different resistors as well (all from 50k to 700k)

Artic Blue ones (or any LED) have to have a "spatial" type lighting than to have a direct spot style of light, as the lighting is not bright enough to hit the dials as the light follows some clear plastic"light tunnels". Just like light shining down an optic fibre cable.

I gave up and went to bright white ones. Or even the standard 5watt artic blue globes.

I think if you want mods like this, white faced dials are the go, but only change the globes/leds when you do that.

No Longer a Ford Forums Member, have now gone to
www.BSeries.com.au

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-30-05, 09:24 AM
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Wagon
Ive done a few mods like this. Though with the standard GL dash.

Ive tried alot of different coloured LED's and varied brightness's, but it really doesn't work well with the standard black/yellow dials
To have some effect and really see it, you need over a 10,000mcd LED.
Even tried different resistors as well (all from 50k to 700k)

Artic Blue ones (or any LED) have to have a "spatial" type lighting than to have a direct spot style of light, as the lighting is not bright enough to hit the dials as the light follows some clear plastic"light tunnels". Just like light shining down an optic fibre cable.

I gave up and went to bright white ones. Or even the standard 5watt artic blue globes.

I think if you want mods like this, white faced dials are the go, but only change the globes/leds when you do that.
very true, i took my lights out just mixed up sum acril and blue dipped them, came out well nice an plus but like u said u gota have the white dials cause it dose look prity standard, its when u get the white face it looks awsome
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-05, 10:17 PM
KCUF HOLDENS

led's are available in many different brightnesses just go to jaycar and u will see and by changing resistors you can also change the brightness and the switch on the dash is like a voltage reg if u give any globe less volts it will go dimmer.

soon my car will live up to its number plates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-05, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm250
i beg to differ im sure my brightness changes when i flick the dash light switch

it does i have replaced my normal globes in my EA with red Leds and they definately change brightness levels

its hard to tell the change though if your not perceptive
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-17-05, 08:07 PM

Looks sweet bro, the problem with ur camera is because it is too dark ad the fore the photo it's self takes like maybe 3 secs to capature, copared to a day photo which maybe 1/250 of a sec. if you can get like sum books, put them on ya seat, sit ur camera on it and put it on timer mode, bit of a photo buff i no. oh and how many leads is behind tha facia?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-05, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_pursuit_u
Looks sweet bro, the problem with ur camera is because it is too dark ad the fore the photo it's self takes like maybe 3 secs to capature, copared to a day photo which maybe 1/250 of a sec. if you can get like sum books, put them on ya seat, sit ur camera on it and put it on timer mode, bit of a photo buff i no. oh and how many leads is behind tha facia?
cheers for the tip.

I have 4 globes behind the facia but the speedo and tacho are units which have about 5 or six leds in them i have to do some work in the interior soon so i may take em out and get a pic so you guys know what im on about

94 ED FALCON, K&N POD FILTER, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, 17" BA XR8 STYLE RIMS, LOWERED BOUT 2" PEDDERS & MONROE, XPLOD MP3 DECK, XPLOD 6", JBL 6x9 AND TWIN 8"SUBS+ PREMIUM FACTORY TWEETERS,
64 XM FALCON UTE, MILD 250 XFLO (PROJECT)
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-05, 06:17 PM
Perth E-Series***** *****

looks nice mate,good job:D

Perth E-Series Forum,
www.pertheseries.com
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 03:27 AM

What type of LED globes did you get? i got some from a guy on EBay they are blue with 3 LED's yet to install them as i'm waiting for a red dash insert with white markings. But the guy thinks they should just go straight in.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-08, 07:26 AM
Now have a EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantjcassar View Post
What type of LED globes did you get? i got some from a guy on EBay they are blue with 3 LED's yet to install them as i'm waiting for a red dash insert with white markings. But the guy thinks they should just go straight in.
i also sell leds for e series on ebay in 4 diff colours!!!

eBay My World - squallleonheart9

they will directly replace the globes that are in there now just so u know. and they are great quality too.

heres ef falcon(mine) and an ed with my leds in them, just click to see bigger pic.

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-14-09, 05:44 AM
EF Falcon, GLi.

Are they worth it ?
I have an EF and I was looking at them on Ebay, seems like a bit of a waste to fiddle with em'. For that money i could invest in something else.
On another note, they look EPIC, well done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons