Hello to all boys
My name is Joseph and I am writing from sunny Seacily (LOL)
Last week I bought a Ford Mondeo MK3 sw 2004 130 CV, preparation Ghia X, light leather interior, burl inserts and steering wheel, driver seat electrically adjustable, except for lumbar adjustment, passenger seat only electrically adjustable for height .
It has some small problems I'm trying to solve gradually and economically on my own.
I found this interesting your forum, shame that my English is not very high, in fact I'm using an on-line traslator to write this.
So I would like to know if potrest kindly direct me to the thread that treat troubleshooting DIY, possibly giving me the thread link is the final and economic resolution of the problem.
Before the list of the defects I have two major problems:
1) I have only one NOT original key, WITHOUT remote control, I did give the original keys with remote control of other Mondeo, equal to ever. I would like to know if and how I can program the transponder of this key that gave me starting from the transponder of my Mondeo (if I can) and if I can do this procedure with A single key (in the instruction manual I read that to program a new transponder I have to have TWO keys fitted with transponder)
2) I'm looking for the service manual of my car, now I have the instruction manual and on http://catcar.info
there are all the car exploded, but I'm looking for the service manual to understand where and how to disassemble, read the tightening torques of bolts and so on.
Apart from these two initial problems, the flaws that I want to fix are:
- The steering gear foot down when I rotate the wheel to the right when the car is driving straight ahead I feel that the steering wheel has a little game, but the wheels do not steer; then steering to the right I feel a little TOC, then the car turns normally, maybe important for my safety?;
- The central locking of the rear passenger side does not work (I read that it is called N/S/R near side rear, my car has the steering wheel on the left LOL), in fact when I close with the key the car's door remains open and I have to keep it closed close latch from inside the car;
- The nozzle driving ventilation side, to the left of the steering wheel is locked in the fully open, I tried to close it but it seems stuck, maybe I should remove the entire front dashboard;
- The indicator of the position/low beam, does not work, I think I need to disassemble the entire front dashboard and instrument panel;
- The status lights on the instrument panel lights are dim light, even here I think I have to disassemble and replace them across the front dashboard and instrument panel;
- I hear some creaking coming from the front instrument panel, just above the front air vents, where there is the clock;
- When I close normally the rear hatch, this keeps open, to close it I have to give a nice hit, and even when it is closed, on the instrument panel remains on the indicator indicates that the door is still open; sometimes I saw that this indicator tends to fade but then lights again, maybe it will be an electrical contact;
- Electrically adjustable up / down driver's seat does not work. I feel that the electric motor works, but the threaded rod does not rotate. I read that there is a broken plastic gear and you can replace it with a brass, to buy on ebay, but I have to disassemble the seat;
- The courtesy lights of the exterior mirrors are both inoperative, while the courtesy lights that illuminate the front mats are both working, it is possible that there is a separate fuse for internal and external courtesy lights? How can I remove the bulbs inside the mirrors?
- I need to replace the brake discs, brake pads, shock absorbers, front and rear, some good suggestions? (Bilstein b4?)
AT the moment I have all this, I'm trying to learn everything there is to know about Ford Mondeo, but most of the information is in English, there are some Italian forums but your forum is boundless.
Thank you in advance for just reading this and for all the informations that I hope you will give to me.