2015 Ford Edge with 2nd broken flex plate/fly wheel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Edge Forum Forum dedicated to the discussion of the Ford Edge.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2015 Ford Edge with 2nd broken flex plate/fly wheel

I have been struggling with my 2015 Ford Edge Ecoboost engine. Here is the history:

Purchased the vehicle from a dealer February 2017 at 34,000 miles. The dealer performed the typical 100 point check and everything was fine. Clean title. The day I bought the vehicle, the check engine light came on so I returned it. Ford technicians had the car for 3 weeks and eventually found a crack in a cylinder head so a brand new engine was installed.

December 27, 2017; cracked fly wheel. Replaced at a ford dealer by ford technicians under power train warranty. Now the replacement part has a 12,000 mile or 12 month warranty.

January 2019; cracked fly wheel again. Literally had the vehicle back at Ford 13 days AFTER the 12 month warranty had expired and the Ford Customer Care department has NOTHING to offer.

The technicians say that 'something' must be out of alignment but can't really tell me what that 'something' is. They are also stumped as to WHY this part has cracked once again.

I have gone round and round with Ford Customer Care. Ford has proven to NOT be in the business of taking care of their customers. I unfortunately will NEVER purchase another Ford even though my entire family has had a long relationship with the company buying the following models: taurus, expedition, explorer, and multiple F150s. This entire process has been eye opening that they are NOT in the business to help their customers. Their website is laughable with the tagline "We're here to help". No they are not. Buyer beware.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 10:07 AM
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2015 Ford Edge with 2nd broken flex plate/fly wheel

2018 FORD EDGE Recalls (4)
TSB Number:SSM 47398NHTSA Number:10144200TSB Date:July 2, 2018Date Added to File:September 10, 2018Failing Component:EquipmentSummary:Some 2015-2018 edge vehicles equipped with a 2.0l ecoboost and 6f35 transmission may exhibit a rattle noise from the transmission bellhousing area while running. This may be the result of a cracked engine flexplate. When replacing the flexp
Randina likes this.

Bert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Edge Forum