Possibly buying a dedicated LPG Falcon XT. I have a few questions.
Long time lurker on these forums but never registered. Welcome me! Woohoo!!
Anyway, I'm currently on the hunt for a new car and a long time friend of a relative has a Ford Falcon XT that he 'built' himself to run on dedicated LPG. (He was a mechanic for 40 years but has since retired).
I've been looking at XR6's and honestly had my heart set on one, but this seems like an awesome option as I know I'll have lifetime mechanical support if I buy it through this guy, and LPG is dirt cheap!
Let's get into the questions!
1) XR6 Kit. Is the XR6 bodykit a simple bolt on? The XT doesn't have a cut out for the exhaust, which being a 20 year old male is a must for me. It would honestly look stupid having an xr6 rear and xt skirts and front bar. If I purchase a kit from an xr6 how hard is the install? Can the foglights be attached to a switch somewhere in the car?
2) Somewhat continuing on from the last question, exhaust. Can I still get a nice note changing the exhaust on an LPG car? Are there any dangers to doing this on LPG?
3) Airbox. I've heard LPG + aftermarket airbox can explode. Would a growler or pod be out of the question? What about a k&n panel filter?
4) Now! Before you roast me, here me out. I'm asking this 100% theoretically. COULD the car still be driven hard? i.e fast acceleration, burnouts, etc.? I've heard this can cause the LPG system to explode especially if bashing off the limiter (which I wouldn't do anyway.)
5) Mods. Can I still modify this car running on LPG? Camshafts, extractors, intake, etc?
That's pretty much it! Thanks for advance for reading and taking the time to help out!
p.s the car is $3000, ready for RWC and has 102,000KM on the clock.