Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what an average E series would do?

I timed my EL i6 auto last night - being dodgey like I am, i used the stopwatch on my phone! I managed 10.3 and then I did it again but this time with the BTR trans mod switched on. Managed 9.8! Does his sound good, bad, avegerage or other??

Cheers
Matt

·
still around... sometimes
498 Posts
i think that's about average (although this is depedant on condition of car and the weather on the day i guess)

My slow-ass ED (has LPG, but running on petrol) is about 9.6 or 9.8, can't remember. I used my phone stopwatch too tho, which is pretty dodgy like you said :)
However when the damned clutchfan is roaring its tits off, that figure blows out to about 11.5secs...

Jared

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Maybe you're being too conservative with your timing methods. I reckon a EL could do better than that. I managed a best of 9.8 in my EA by myself. With two passengers on board and tools and car ramps in the boot we got 10.5.

Ash

·
HYPER-6
593 Posts
last time i tried i got about 9secs... timing it myself with my watch... (not very accurate).

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I did 6.9secs with a G-Tech and no traction for about 50 meters.
Stopwatch said much the same.

Rick.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Sounds about right for the weight and everything there, they werent really all that fast in that area from my findings

Cheers

Chris

·
How Fast Were You Going?
211 Posts
My Multipoint Injected, 3 speed autoed, EA Wagon got about 12 seconds flat with the ever so accurate Nokia stopwatch.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
well when i went down the qtr, buy the 660ft, i was doin 108.58 in 10.9 secs. so prolly around 10 secs for me, pretty much bog stock though, i only had an exhaust and air filter as my mods. i am looking forward to see if it will be any quicker in a couple of weeks

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
With my sped of a mate timing me in his reliable Nokia stopwatch i got 8.6 and 8.9 in my EF. which i though was about right.
Only had extractors and exhasut done.

I would hope my EB does sub 10 sec. But sometimes its slower than others...

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
My CFI LPG use to do 0-100 in 12sec. With EL engine and no mods it does it in arround 9sec.

eventualy 0-100 in 5sec flat is the plan.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmm... my car does seem a tad on the slow side!! Might need to give it a decent service. Bear in mind its only a few clicks away from 200,000 and its still original everything!

Cheers
Matt

·
Formerly ef_ghiaI6
676 Posts
looking mid 8's range for ef/el 6's

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
On the 1/4 I get to 660ft in about 9.5 sec doing 115-117 km/h.
Not sure what that would be for sure but im guessing 7-8 sec to 100km/h.

Best I could manage with an auto was low 8's.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
I got 7.3sec with an empty tank and 7.8 sec with a full one. Makes sense cause she will hang with VS Clubby 185kw too 80kmh before they pass me. When I still had the 3.08 diff I raced my mates EL Fairmont to 140kmh. He beat me to 60 but I was 2 cars in front by 140. I last raced him with the 3.45 and he lost over half car in 1st gear alone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts