Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
J Walker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first Ford 2 months ago. It is a used 01 Excursion v10 Gas. In great shape, very well maintained. Everything works great with one exception;

We took the RV out for a little 2 week vacation down the CA coast and at some point the alarm started arming its self. Upon leaving the truck the alarm light begins blinking and the Theft light blinks every 3 to 5 seconds. The Ex will start and run without issue, but the alarm will always arm as soon as the droos are shut. Or even if they are open for more than 3 minutes. It re arms after 3 minutes regardless of what i do after I shut it off. Locked or unlocked, pressing the Unlock on the key fob only resets the 3 minute timer. The only way to have it remain un armed is to have it running or disconnect the battery.

I have searched and researched and found 2 solutions that dont require me to remove the alarm or see a dealer. I have tried both (listed below) and neither work.

1. Close all the doors, unlock all the doors, turn the key to "on", press and hold the reset button under the steering column for 15 to 30 seconds. (No joy, as in the alarm didn't respond at all. all light still blinking and the alarm still self arms.)

2. Remove the positive batter lead, wait for all power to drain from the system (10 minutes), turn key to "on", connect the battery, turn key off, press the Unlock button on driver door. (no change)

The lock/unlock button on the driver door does not function normally, unsure if this is related. Sometimes it works perfect, sometimes it locks only a couple doors, and sometimes no vehicle response at all from the button.

any ideas or help would be amazing.
Thanks.

·
J Walker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unsure if it is the factory alarm. I would lean to no as under the lower dash panel there is a group of 4 boxes about 1 inch square that are zip tied to the dash frame and each other, that does not seem like a factory install to me. There appears to be a control module that all the alarm lights and reset buttons connect to attached to the steering column that says AUTOMate on it but little else. I can post pics if you need.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
Automate is a remote start\security company. They have a customer support number: (800) 274-0200. They can probably help you better than us.

Automate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts