Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 01 SEL with auto climate control that blows ONLY 90 degree hot air ALL THE TIME regardless of the setting it's on. I know that the A/C is only supposed to operate when the outside temp is a certain minimum, so I waited until we had a nice break recently in the weather (above 50 deg F) to try the AC. When the A/C was on MAX, I still got only the same temp air as when it's set on full blast hot (90 deg). HELP!

·
1,836 Posts
Sounds like you have a temp. blend door issue. I have this same concern intermitently. In hot weather I was using full cold and it wwas working fine. When it was a warm but not hot day, I adjusted the temp up to around 73*F. The next day when it was hot again I would turn it on with it still set at 73*F and I would turn it down to 60*F. It would then not blow cold. I checked the HVAC line under the hood and the appropriate lines were cold. I found the diag. procedure for the control head in the Service manual and got a code for intermitent blend door fault. After the procedure was done, it started working normally again. I don't remember the code off hand, but I remeber the diag. procedure so you can try and see if you HVAC works after this. Press the off and floor buttons at the same time for a couple seconds, while holding these press auto and release all the buttons. I never went further diagnosing this issue because I had no free time and the issue didn't come back. If it works after using the diag. procedure then don't adjust them temp over 69*F. Good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts