Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this vehicle for my husband early this year and everything seemed great until we got home and I realized the radiot didn't work. It had the DVD player in the back and VCR in the center console (please bare with me). He works out of state so he took off and left it with me and now here I've been trying to fix it. I've replaced fuses, no luck. I bought an aftertock radio to install tonight and hooked it up but once again no luck! Once I put touch a fuse to it - it blows. I disconnected the subwoofers in the back..still no different. It's an Eddie Bauer Edition 4.9 Triton8

Any help with this would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the #1 fuse under the dash. I messed with it more today and found there was another cable to the subwoofer in the back panel that I did not disconnect. Once both were disconnected, the fuse will not blow but if I hook it up then it blows. Does that mean the subwoofer is bad - I did not buy the proper connector for this new radio until today and haven't tried installing that yet to see if that makes a difference.

I just can't figure out why the radio won't come on?! I was able to get power to the center council CD changer and the rear main entertainment council - although I don't have a VHS to test the screen yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
They have a very involved wiring to the various components and you'd need a diagram to follow all the leads. they even run through the GEM module. See if the place you bought the radio from will get a diagram for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts