Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide some tips on replacing the fule filter in my 2003 escape?

I located it along the frame next to the fuel tank. Looks simple enough to get to but i didnt want to disconnect before getting some tips.

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
RichieD said:
Can anyone provide some tips on replacing the fule filter in my 2003 escape?

I located it along the frame next to the fuel tank. Looks simple enough to get to but i didnt want to disconnect before getting some tips.

thanks
RichieD disregard my private message. You have to join that forum to do a search.

Here is what I posted on that forum regarding changing the fuel filter on the '03 Escape:

"Now the gas filter is another story. That takes a bit of doing. A small screwdriver, pliers, those miniature needle nose pliers, and lots of patience. The clip that holds the hose on that comes from the tank (the one towards the front of the engine) is pretty easy to get off, they give you new clips with the new filter, so you can break off the tabs on the old clip on THIS SIDE ONLY and it comes off easily. The other side is different and the clip does NOT come off completely to remove the hose from the filter. You need determination and the tools mentioned above, the tabs of this clip are facing upward and hard to see and get to. With a small pair of pliers you can twist the connection gently toward you, with a small screwdriver push the white prong from the nearest side inward and down, once one side is released the other side comes off pretty easy. DO NOT try and remove this clip, it stays on the connection, just push it down as far as it will go and pull off the hose. Have plenty of rags on hand and something to catch the gas as it drains out. Again this will be simple the next time it has to be done. The tool they gave me at the auto parts store does NOT apply this model Ford fuel filter, even though it says on it 1990 to current models. There may be a tool out there, but can't see how anything would make it easier to take that one clip off."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts