Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Fords Focus's,
I replaced driver front cv axle, both front calipers, dropped tran pan, drained and replaced filter, new front left hub and bearing now trying to bleed brakes. Front bleeders have no problem releasing fluid but back bleeders wont release steady stream to remove air.. I have tried the following: open bleeder one wheel at a time starting with R rear, L rear, R front, L front which didn't do the job (and keeping the master full of fluid). I also tried opening all 4 bleeders at a time while the pedal was pushed and held to the floor then closed with pedal still engaged. I read something about an open or closed braking system???? I dunno!!!! just frustrated can't get pressure with the pedal so I cant run through the gears with no brakes to get my transmission dispersed properly.
Any suggestions would be a blessing!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You have probably tripped the safety valve & back brakes are shut off. Close all bleeders and pump/hold brake pedal until brake light on dash goes out. Then only use the pedal travel that has no resistance to bleed rear. {don't push pedal hard to floor once valve is moved .]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts