Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
94/04 Taurus
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 Taurus SES with the duratec engine and have been very happy with it so far. My only problem with it so far is the quality of the leather interior. It is only two years old, but there are already cracks on back seat. At least they are not all the way through yet and I am hopping the seat just needs to be cleaned and conditioned. I was just wondering if anyone else has been less than satisfied with the quality of the leather interior on their Taurus? Also, any cleaner and conditioner products that you could reccomend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
1,836 Posts
Jakin said:
I just bought a 2004 Taurus SES with the duratec engine and have been very happy with it so far. My only problem with it so far is the quality of the leather interior. It is only two years old, but there are already cracks on back seat. At least they are not all the way through yet and I am hopping the seat just needs to be cleaned and conditioned. I was just wondering if anyone else has been less than satisfied with the quality of the leather interior on their Taurus? Also, any cleaner and conditioner products that you could reccomend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Use Lexol Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner. You can find it at any auto parts store. Any stains that don't come out with the cleaner will come out using the conditioner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I Suggest Meguiars Leather Cleaner and conditioner. I have used it in the past on a car that was 12 years old and it has protected the leather from cracking and fading as it also protects from UV Rays. You can purchase it at almost any automotive store

·
i'll never grow up
294 Posts
try tinting the windows this definitely helps.. And can you try and take this up with the Ford dealer as its still under its 3 year warranty?

·
94/04 Taurus
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mullet Man said:
So he can't see the cracks in the leather? :booty:
LOL! I see his point about tinting though. Although it won't help with the cracks that are already there, it may help prevent further cracking:)

·
94/04 Taurus
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gtcoupe95 said:
try tinting the windows this definitely helps.. And can you try and take this up with the Ford dealer as its still under its 3 year warranty?
I just bought the car two weeks ago so I don't think the origonal warranty would still cover this. If I am wrong please correct me.

·
i'll never grow up
294 Posts
dont know about in the States but in Australia all dealers have minimum 3 yr 60,000mile warranty and it is transfered to who ever owns it in that time /mile period.. i cant see it being too different there..

·
Hi-Tech *******
1,486 Posts
It should be covered if it is under the 3 year/36,000 miles. Depending on the cracks, they may be normal leather cracks, but if they are very large, or deep, then sounds defective to me. Ford has a chart that determines if it is a warranty issue or general wear.

·
94/04 Taurus
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks fot the suggestions guys. I checked yesterday and like I thought it is only a 3yr/36,000 mile waranty and the car already has over 36,000 miles on it so a no go on that. I just hope it needs a good cleaning and conditioning. I am going to pick up some and get to work on it soon. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts