Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello . Took the car to a local mechanic, put it on the lift, cranked the A/C down........I climbed under with him and the drain hose was dripping like it should, but the spongy seal around the drain was also wet, which made him think water was maybe running somehow along the pan and getting the carpet wet on the driver's side? He was actually perplexed because he ran his wire up into the drain and it wasn't clogged at all and said all drain issues he's seen are wet on the passenger side. The carpet is not wet with coolant, just water. We've had some really rainy weather, but carpet was dry this morning before I took it over, so I don't think a body seal. Oh and no sun/moon roof either.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,459 Posts
Most cars have water drains under the hood at the firewall / bulkhead corners where the water runs out at the bottom of the fender plastic liner .The drain can get blocked with leaves and other matters and cause a build up of water that then enters the interior . If fitted , could also check cabin filter to see if water entering that way .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts