Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Ford Focus SE with 154,000 miles on it that ran fine all day until I get a block from my house and it stalls and now it will not start again.
At first I thought maybe it was the battery that died but the dashboard lights, radio, headlights and overhead lights all still work so I doubt it could be the battery.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and if anyone has, what are the steps to resolve and get my car back to driving again?

Any information is greatly appreciated on how to resolve this issue.

·
Super Moderator
19,821 Posts
Does it still turn over ? If not try a jump start .I learned many , many years ago to never assume anything with cars .Even though the lights etc. are on , they only need a fraction of the power compared to what's required to crank the engine .I would eliminate that possible cause first before getting too far into it .If not that , get back to forum and you will get more help .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We tried to do a jump start yesterday with no luck. My step dad took a look at it and thinks it may be something electrical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Focus is an automatic.

We found out what it was. It was a blown fuse so we went out and bought a new fuse and put that in but when I went to start the car, it turned over but blew the new fuse as well. So my car is at the shop to trace where the shortage in the wiring is so it can be repaired.

·
Super Moderator
19,821 Posts
On some models of the Focus there were a few ignition supply, engine immobiliser fuses in both the cabin fuse box and the one in the engine .Not just the one fuse , you could have had others blown also .Let's know what the garage finds ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just picked my Focus up from the shop. They diagnosed it was the Ignition Capacitor. The mechanic said that the wire that was connected to it must've brushed against something hot and shorted it out. Once they replaced the Ignition Capacitor it started right up and ran fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 07 focus 2.0 spinning over but no start tried self test ground short and DC 3579 ?? any advice please let me know what to do at the end of the rope lol not really lol 🥵

·
Super Moderator
19,821 Posts
You should start a new thread rather than tag on to an old post . Double posting doesn't help in getting replies

" Is it on level ground. You have enough gas 2gals or more. "

Car does not need to have 2 galls or more to start , level ground or not .

You checked the above posts , especially " the Ignition Capacitor. " ? Check for spark first . If getting spark , remove plugs , probably soaked with engine flooded and giving fuel smell .Either replace plugs if serviceable or dry same , leave out for a while to dry out cyls .Not sure what " ground short and DC 3579 " is or refers to .If fault code I dont recognise it .Is engine cranking at normal speed ? Could also check crank sensor if no spark .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts