Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
V8 man
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used 1.8 ratio roller rockers in a cleveland?If so what brand and what effect did it have on the geometery of the valve train ie pushrod lengths.Seems like an easy way to give a bit of extra lift without changing cams...Valve float could be worse but. :priest:

·
1970 Torino GT 408C
26 Posts
I am running Harlan Sharp Big Block Chevy 1.8 ratio Aluminum Roller Rockers On my 408C.
Also I had to use pushrods that were .100 shorter, because the pushrod was touching the back of the rocker arm at full lift.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
TMG70GT said:
I am running Harlan Sharp Big Block Chevy 1.8 ratio Aluminum Roller Rockers On my 408C.
Also I had to use pushrods that were .100 shorter, because the pushrod was touching the back of the rocker arm at full lift.
How is the geometry now? Does the roller run nice on the valve tip?

·
1970 Torino GT 408C
26 Posts
yes they have a nice centerd pattern on the valve tip, that was another reason that I had to run shorter pushrods. tim

·
V8 man
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TMG70GT said:
Thats interesting...What is the difference between the two?There both canted valve so I knew they would be similar.What lift has your cam got at the lobe?and are they 7/16 studs they're mounted on?cheers. :hy:

·
1970 Torino GT 408C
26 Posts
The 1.8 for the chevy are more readly available and at a lower price.
Yes I have 7/16 screw in studs with 5/16 push rods.
I have .387 Lobe lift on the In. and .371 on the ex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts