Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Have only owned this beast for a month, however, when test driving some late 98 to early 99 AU's they seemed tame to the 10/99 XR8 I decided on. I know the AU1 is supposed to have 185 KW, but this thing goes like a cut cat. It's not a ex police chaser.

I've seen on the net that the AU1 only sold in auto form, but I've seen a number of late 99 5 speed manuals. Is it possible the late 99 AU1's had the same output as the AU2's.

I know at times when the manufacturer runs out of parts for a model they use the up coming model parts.

Any help would of interest.

Regards Col

J

·
0 Posts
I have a 01/99 AU XR8 and the 5.0L engine was supplied from FORD U.S with 24 pound injectors instead of the standard 19 pound.

J

·
0 Posts
The standard 19 pound injectors are blue in colour and the 24 pound injectors are a red/orange colour.

S

·
0 Posts
INCORRECT! the 24psi are blue, the 19psi jobbies are orange. sorry guys. blue ones cost me $540 from work. orange ones in box in garage now. Without a heavier fuel regulator you aint getting now more fuel no matter what psi injectors anyhow.

Sorry guys.

S

·
0 Posts
more info:
the 30 psi injectors have orange tops as well as bottoms. the 19 have black tops where the elec connector goes and orange bottoms and the 24psi blue bottom/ black top

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Sam,
Did u fit the heavier fuel regulator as well??
If so any differnce??

Cheers
Rob

P

·
0 Posts
By heavier f/r you mean adjustable?By raising presure wouldn't it be similar to fitting lager injectors,up to a point? Does't the maf need to be callibrated with larger injectors?I'M thinking of getting a bigger maf either from here or U.S the $ is not helping.The after market are NOT as restrictive 75 mm and senser is on side not on bar restricting flow.As in C&L etc.
Any body know?

S

·
0 Posts
I ordered a adjustable one from the US. shipping, import tax plus the aussie $ hit me hard! Should be here by Monday latest, (its in the country somewhere).

Anybody wants the Cobra one setup for 24psi injectors, they can have it cheap. 70mm MAF is the right calaberation for 24psi. I think with 24psi injectors think you should run it about 29psi just for good measure. Dont want the engine leaning out and cracking pistons.

P

·
0 Posts
I have fitted the complete cobra upgrade kit.On a E.B XR8 part#fms-m9000A51[$540. U.S.]including manifold,computor.24 injectors that are blue.The std one's I took off are orange.The std are o.k for 300 h.p they say.Any pro advice out there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
G'day,

I was hoping for a bit of information other than what type of colour the injectors were?

A good friends wife is a engineer at ford and she has suggested a possible 1/2 model build. This can happen due to run out of parts.

Your comments guys and girls!

REGARDS col

S

·
0 Posts
Paul.... didnt you want a adjustable fuel regualtor?
I have two brand new billet ones. not even out of bag. NEW NEW NEW :) dumb idiots sent me two. So I need to get rid of one. It will cost ya $50.. but i think thats good seeing it cost me $280. plus $120. import tax to get them here.

P

·
0 Posts
There are bassicaly two engines,correct me if I'm wrong.Except for minor things.From eb to el the motor is allmost the same.Throttle body inlet,and maf.Then the aull had the better inlet and maf.If the ports on the inlet are inline [early] they are not as good as the ports side by side.Can tell the manifold ports are uneven[not inline.They are better flow heaps.Can fit gt40 inlet on top.The final drive makes heap difference. too.The exhaust bolt pattern is different.I tried!Feel better buddy. Hope so

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G'day Paul,

Thanks for the comments, will be having a good look at the manifold and injection system, to see what I have. Will check out the gearing as well.

Some up grades are now in the wind. Will post how they go.

Who owns the white EL XR8 that drives around the Cabramatta area? Black and White plate starting with AS. Followed you the other day, maybe we could have a talk?

Regards Col

1 - 19 of 19 Posts