Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Before I go crazy tearing the door panel off, does any one have any idea what is clicking inside the drivers door? I'm assuming it is in the door but maybe its the B pillar.
It happens when driving, and turning the steering wheel. Usually it has one click when you start the turn, and another when the steering wheel returns back to center. It sounds like an electronic type of click, with the click when you start to turn sounding to different from the return click. It also doesn't happen when you are not moving, even in gear, at a red light.
Does anyone have any idea what this would be? It doesn't matter if you turn the steering wheel gently or not, the click is always there, and at the same steering wheel position.

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
Try spraying lithium grease on door check strap and inside on check . This shows check strap set up .

AND

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replaced the front ball joints after noticing the right side was very lose. Whatever the sound I heard also seems to have went away. Maybe the sound echoed through the body of the car? Who knows, but it would explain the timing of the clicking, only when going fast enough and also going left and right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts