Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAN, I've been doing some research on the Turbo Buicks like the Buick Grand National and the Buick Regal T-Types and WOW, these things can really get up and go. They have 3.8L Turbocharged V6's, and they run high 13's to low 14's stock. Check out this link, you can get one into the 11's with only $1500! And that's without touching the inside of the engine. I got to find me one of these things..

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/foxrecipe.html

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A small pic:

Attachments

·
Probe GT Member
23 Posts
My brother used to have a GN, and it was a beauty. Unfortunately, my brother does not appreciate cars as well as some and wore the poor thing down. Maybe whoever bought it treats it nicer. :)

·
It's been a long time...
52 Posts
yep, gn's are awesome drag cars. you can pick one up around 8-12 grand in decent shape. i/c turbo v6 auto's that ride like a buick (boat), and can sit 6 comfortably and can still wipe the streets up with most cars on the road gets respect from any enthusiast.

·
Probe Member
15 Posts
Ahh, the Turbo Regals. They put small displacement turbo engines on the map! I'd sure like to get my hands on one........

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that Lotus and Porsche did that in the late 70's, early eighties with their turbo 4 cyls?

QuikBuik said:
Ahh, the Turbo Regals. They put small displacement turbo engines on the map! I'd sure like to get my hands on one........

·
NMPOC Bouncer
67 Posts
i saw one for sale for only $1500 out here one time it was a white Buick Regal Turbo some people are so stupid that if it does not say Grand National on it and be black they don't know. so anyway i went the next day to get the number where i saw it and it was gone

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
country cops use them alot.. there quick... :s6:

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Parents used to have a GN, damn that thing was fast!
It was stolen in less than 15 minutes infront of an elementry school about 5 years ago and was never found...

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
cybervampyre said:
It was stolen in less than 15 minutes infront of an elementry school about 5 years ago and was never found...
must have been quick.. to get away that fast.. :crazy1:

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cybervampyre said:
I gues the thief had good taste eh? Sorry to hear about that, I guess it just shows that they are nice cars, even nice enough to steal.... (I would never do that though :angel:)

·
Probe Member
15 Posts
CeyJay26 said:

You and me both:grin:
Ceyjay, if it doesn't rain there's a group of them getting together at Mooresville Dragway tomorrow, if you'd like to see the carnage they make firsthand. :s5

I found an interesting link on the suspension differences in between the GN's and GNX's yesterday:
http://home.att.net/~buickGNX/GNX/susp.htm

Seems like the more you read about them, the more you want one, LOL.

·
Probe Member
15 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
I thought that Lotus and Porsche did that in the late 70's, early eighties with their turbo 4 cyls?

The first TR was made in 78, though they weren't quite the performers they were in 86-87.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maddening said:
There's a white 85 or so turbo Regal in Soldotna.. or at least, there was in like June. They only wanted $2000 for it, it was pretty clean. I dunno if it's still there or not. Prolly not. :D
Hey Maddening what's up!? First time I've seen you on FF! I like the avatar! Where in Soldotna did you see that car? I would drive down to pick it up if it were still there, but you are probably right, it's probably long gone since......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts