Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something else I did last night. We swapped the stock 15 inch tires for 16's and there's actually a measurable difference in the way she handles now. The tires are slightly lower profile, but it's nice to have more rubber on the road.

If you can pick up some 16 inch rims at a yard somewhere, go for it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ken, I was wondering if your front tires rub to the plastic thing on the inside of the tire bay?

I know we put some 16 inch tires on a stretch limo and when you cut wheels all the way in either direction.... the tires rubbed to the plastic!

I was thinking of putting the 16inch wheels on the back and keeping 15's on the front, but my boss refused to sell me his 16inch wheel (the NJSP left a new 16inch in my car so I use it as a spare now) so the idea failed.... but I thought this would have been a good idea if it went thru...

·
Cougar Member
10 Posts
Jerzy, I wonder if that's because Limo's may have a tighter turning steering mechanism than normal CV/TC's? With all that length, I don't think a normal steering rack/arm would work well. But, what were the tire widths on the wheels? I had 255's on the front of the monkey, and they rubbed too when fully turned. 225's work fine though, mounted on a 16 inch rim.

·
Cougar Member
10 Posts
LOL! You musta got really wide rims! Was it the 9" rims that needed a spacer on the Panther platform? I can't remember, but I don't even like really wide rubber on the front - looks weird, and handles crapier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts