Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Ford fans

Im upgrading the brakes on my ed futura and I need a set of 17 inchs to fit around the larger discs, the std 14 inch rims just won't cut it anymore. Does anyone have a brand/type of wheel thats suitable. I'm not after anything real flash, just as long as it fits!! Also what offset is required?

Cheers, any advice would be great!!

· Tough EB
29 Posts
Hey man, any genuine ford 17" wheel from EB-EL will fit with no trouble. Anything post EL will be the wrong offset (not sure of the details for the offset), you will need to place spaces, but spaces are illegal.
I just fitted some EL GT's and they fit like a glove!

· Registered
118 Posts
AFAK there was only one genuine ford 17" wheel made in the pre AU offset and thats the EL GT but for genuine your loking at a fair few dollars. You can get copies though which are a fair bit cheaper, ive got BA XR8 copies on mine which are mate to suit pre AU. Unfortunatly there isnt many decent wheels out there in 17 with the right offset (even aftermarket imo) thats why i went the copies.

I may be wrong but i think pre AU offset is like 0 and post AU is +36 something like that anyway.

· NC Fairlane Wagon :-)
38 Posts
Most companies make wheels that are suitable ROH Drift-R (17*8)come to mind (5 spoke Deepish Dish) Performance Titan(17*7.5) Go down to your local tyre shop and annoy the salesmen. Its fun when you tell them you have an E series Falcon and want 17's(drives em crazy) heheheheheheh also try some of the online stores such as http://magsupamart.com.au/store and ckeck out some of the styles there (not to my taste)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.